IGNORED

2024 TST Outing - June 1/2 @ EagleSticks and Virtues

StuM

I know it is winter, but golf is on my mind and @saevel25 and I are going to work to organize a TST Outing in 2024.  I'm going to tag a lot of people in hopes of drumming up a lot of interest.  Some may seem far apart and some may not have posted for a while but what the heck.  Also last year we had people come from Virginia & Massachusetts to Cleveland and those were long drives so maybe some might be interested in car pooling for a road-trip.

Location & Date are TBD but likely in May 2024

If you are interested, please reply to this thread along with your approximate location & distance you may be willing to travel for an outing as well as availability dates.  My goal is then to see if we can find a date & location that fits as large a group of us as possible.  Also, if it just does not work out for you and you want to attend an outing maybe you can work to organize one for members in your area.  I've attempted to organize by general location to help if you want to find a car pool.

Tagging:

Illinois: @cedrictheo  @ChiTown 

Massachusetts: @boogielicious @Bostonstag 

Michigan:  @StuM@bkuehn1952 @Braivo @David L Yskes @dennyjones @Esox @Friz @HankBlue @Logan Willoughby @Lugowskins @Old1964 @SEMI_Duffer

New Hampshire: @Divot Master 

New Jersey: @billchao @xrayvizhen 

New York: @bjfox10 @Chris Brooks @colin007 @mohearn @nevets88 @onthehunt526 @RFKFREAK @Ty_Webb

Ohio: @saevel25 @Aquaguru @Bonvivant @Carl3 @CarlSpackler @ChetlovesMer @Dwalk2088 @electech @georgep @Jeff Potts @Jeremie Boop @klineka @mcanadiens @paperclip @redsbux86 @Slice of Life @vasaribm

Pennsylvania: @iacas @BCC5266 @BradSomrak @DinnerTime @DrizZzY @Greenshirt100 @Hardspoon @jtroutman @Slim_Pivot

Virginia: @DaveP043 @GolfLug @JPitts @JSGolf @rvanculin @woodzie264

Unknown: @brockman21 @JetFan1983 @jfrain2004 @RJohn23 @rwolfe

Please replay if you have any interest at all and I will be sure to tag you going forward and do what I can to accommodate.  Also, tag any you know that may be interested that I missed.

Hope to see a lot of you next year!

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd certainly be interested, I've enjoyed every time I got together with TST folks.  I'm in the Washington DC area, willing to drive 5 or 6 hours, maybe more, depending on where we end up.  Just want to tag @jsgolfer, also in my area, 

• Thumbs Up 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I'm always interested. Plus my game has been improving over the last 2-3 years. I may no longer embarrass myself. 

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

6 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I'd certainly be interested, I've enjoyed every time I got together with TST folks.  I'm in the Washington DC area, willing to drive 5 or 6 hours, maybe more, depending on where we end up.  Just want to tag @jsgolfer, also in my area, 

I’m always interested in playing other places and meeting all the cool TST folks, just need to know where and when.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Pencil me in. Maybe @boogielicious and I can make it part of our annual Erie trip again.

And maybe this time I won’t hurt myself before playing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

The official 2023-24 Women's Golf schedule for the Methodist University Monarchs

That's about all I'll point out as far as my schedule goes:

• April 8th and 9th I'll be in VA.
  • April 22-24th I'll be in SC.
  • May 19-24 I'll probably be in KY.

Best time for me (and I am just one person, so I'm not giving this more weight than it deserves)… early to mid-June.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

21 minutes ago, iacas said:

The official 2023-24 Women's Golf schedule for the Methodist University Monarchs

Best time for me (and I am just one person, so I'm not giving this more weight than it deserves)… early to mid-June.

I’m not married to any date. We will see where it goes 

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

I’m interested as well again. Maybe we can have a round without cart path only next year.

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
57 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I’m interested as well again. Maybe we can have a round without cart path only next year.

Maybe we can walk next year. 😉 

• Thumbs Up 2

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 hours ago, iacas said:

Maybe we can walk next year. 😉 

hopefully I can “walk” next year😜

Stuart M.

Adding a few more tags:

@The Flush @Greg 504 @Pitmaster @Slowcelica @ELB @Dave325

See above, we would love to see you at a TST Outing.

Stuart M.

Unlikely for me - grandchild on the way, due in mid May and will be traveling to CA to be present. Still, it is possible and I'll track dates etc. Thanks for bootstrapping this @StuM.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Chris Brooks

I've blogged about my wanderings since 2003. I love roaming throughout the USA looking for remote public golf courses to play.

On 12/15/2023 at 5:19 PM, iacas said:

I am marking down the SC trip to watch your team play. Look forward to meeting you!

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Clemsonfan said:

I am marking down the SC trip to watch your team play. Look forward to meeting you!

It's my daughter's team.