IGNORED

Looking for a golf bag recommendation

Note: This thread is 5465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looking for a new carry bag and open to any and all suggestions... I little more info...

Course: 6900 yd layout and hilly so the bag must be lightweight
Must be a stand bag
Price range: $150 is probably as high as I would like to go
Divider: needs to be at least a 4-way divider but 5 would be great
Pockets: Only need a pocket for balls, tees, water bottle, and cell phone/keys...no need for tons of pockets

I've been looking into the Nike element and it seems pretty cool but have heard good things about other brands (sun mountain, etc.) and open to any suggestions. Thanks all.

Driver: 975D 9.5
3 Wood: 975F 14.5
2 Hybrid: 909H 19
Irons: 3-PW VR Split Cavity
Wedges: VR 52/10 & 56/10Putter: White Hot Tour #1Ball: ONE Platinum/Tour

Ping Hoofer. Ebay it. Good luck!

super light, perfect amount of room, super sturdy.

In my Navy Hoofer:
Driver: Titleist 909D2 9.5* UST ProForce V2 X-stiff
3W: 904F 15* DG X100
Hybrid: X-Hybrid 3i Fujikura Banzai Stiff
Irons: MP-57 X200 3-PW

Wedges: Gauge Design Handmade 54* and 60*

Putter: SSB LKG Custom "Masters Edition"

Ball: Penta, Pro-v1x

Other: Pinseeker 1500 Tournament

Check out one of the new sun mountain bags that weighs relatively light which has individual 14 slots like a cart bag but it's a stand bag.

I can't remember the name of it but it looks pretty awesome!

In my Edge and Atlas bag:
driver: FT-iQ 9R and Taylormade R9 460 10.5 R
wood: 5 Wood FT-iQ Neutral
hybrid(s): 3 Burner
irons: x22 3-PWwedges: Black Nickel Vokey 52/8, 56/11 & Oil Can 60/7 and Callaway x-Forge 56putter: Studio Style Newport 2 33" and Sabretooth 33"GPS RangeFinder: uPRORangeFinder....

I love the Callaway Warbird X carry bag. its light and very stirdy as well.
and the good thing is it isn't that expensive

Bag: Warbird X

Driver: FT-9 10*
Woods: X-Fairway 3 & 5
Irons: Burner XD Steel 4-AWPutter: White Hot XG 330Ball: Soft Feel

Go to Ebay and check out the Titleist X86 stand bags that TimThePutterman has. I picked one up for $69.95 brand new. It is last years bag, but basically the same bag as this years, for less than half the price. Last look he had a ton of them, but the price went up a few bucks.

Titleist x86, light, well made, enough storage for walkers, water bottle pocket, legs that work smoothly, everything I need in a carry bag.

:tmade: 09 Burner
:cobra: Speed LD F 3 wood
:cobra: Baffler 20 degree hybrid
:cobra: Baffler TWS 23 hy
:ping: G15 5-UW
:snake_eyes: 56 deg SW 
:snake_eyes: 60 - 12 wedge  
:scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2

All great recommendations.

Ping hoofer: nice bag but my buddy has 1 and doesn't really like it so I'll probably try something else first

Sun Mountain four 5: looks like the perfect bag but a little pricey, kind of weird color schemes also

Titleis x86: checked ebay and hate to say it but I wouldn't be caught dead walking with those color schemes lol, check it out and you will see what I mean. Besides that, it would be the perfect bag but a little on hte heavy side

Callaway: nice looking bag but I have no callaway clubs (besides Odyssey putter but that doesn't count) and would just plain feel weird toting that bag, great suggestion but I'm just "anal" like that

Driver: 975D 9.5
3 Wood: 975F 14.5
2 Hybrid: 909H 19
Irons: 3-PW VR Split Cavity
Wedges: VR 52/10 & 56/10Putter: White Hot Tour #1Ball: ONE Platinum/Tour

Well I've been looking for a new bag of late and the ones I've been looking at are the Nike Xtreme Sport Carry II for about $100. It's 5 lbs so its pretty light, has 8 dividers, lots of pockets...and the other is the Mizuno Aerolite III, which is 4 lbs, has a ton of dividers and pockets and goes for about $130.

Ping Hoofer, Voyage, or Latitude.

I just picked up the Latitude (by returning a Nike Sasquatch I had purchased the week before) because I like the extra pockets and the putter well. The Hoofer and Voyage are great too though if you don't need the extras.

I had a Nike before and it was a great bag in all aspects except for the strap system. It was comfy, but I had trouble reaching the handle to take it off my shoulder and put it on the ground. It was a pain! The Ping bags are much much better. Other bags, like Ogio and Sun Mountain, have decent straps too but the stand system always felt really bad and unstable. The Nike was pretty solid in that regard and nobody beats Ping for a stable stand setup, they are by far the best IMO.

Driver- titleist.gif 909D2 9.5* 
Fairway Wood- titleist.gif 909F2 15.5* w/ Diamana Blue stiff
Hybrid- titleist.gif 909H 19* 
Irons- mizuno.gifMX-200 4-PW, vokey.gifSM 50.8 bent to 51*, SM 56.11, and TVD 60*M
Putter- cameron.gif Newport 2.5 

I love my Ping Hoofer. It is 13 years old now, so I need to replace it. I think the stand system is second to none. I will be looking at Ping bags again and I don't even own any Ping clubs!

I love my Ping Hoofer. It is 13 years old now, so I need to replace it. I think the stand system is second to none. I will be looking at Ping bags again and I don't even own any Ping clubs!

Really???

I have the Hoofer Vantage, and I have issues with the stability of the bag....it's wabble city over here....If it's not leaning on something the bag is going to the floor. The other issue that I have is the club management, or lack there of...Not to mention that the shell is soft, so if your pockets are full, slidding clubs in and out is a nightmare. I do have to say that the bag is very light, easy to carry (once you figure out the straps), and comfortable. I am too searching...I like the Ogio Grom, the Nike Sasquatch Tour, and the Cobra GT Standbag '08 model. I like the Titliest, but again no real club management, and sun mountains are nice too.
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

Ping Hoofer. Ebay it. Good luck!

I agree. Got my Ping Hoofer off of Ebay for less than $25 shipped. Very lightweight, plenty of pockets, great bag.

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

Really???

Something is wrong with your bag if you have to lean it on something. The only time mine tips over is if I set the bag down too fast on a hill and the legs don't fully extend.

I don't keep much in my bag, so I have no club management issues. About 8 balls, handfull of tees, light windbreaker, and wallet keys cell phone in my bag.

Something is wrong with your bag if you have to lean it on something. The only time mine tips over is if I set the bag down too fast on a hill and the legs don't fully extend.

Right there with ya Shades....In aaddition to your contents I carry sunscreen and an extra glove. Of course I have to carry about a dozen balls just in case...

As for the having to lean, I meant without the legs extended. I only have a problem when using the legs on hard surfaces sucha wood, as the bottom (hoof) slides backards. Also, on ocassion My left just continue to open...i.e become parallel to the bag. Can you stand your bag (without the legs) upright?
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

Right there with ya Shades....In aaddition to your contents I carry sunscreen and an extra glove. Of course I have to carry about a dozen balls just in case...

Is the strap on the leg mechanism not tight enough? That may explain why the legs continue to open.

No, I can't stand my bag without the legs. The design of the bag won't allow it.

Yeah, my Ping bag won't stand upright at all without leaning either. My Nike Sasquatch would though very well. But really, the bags have legs that are there just to address this purpose so I really don't see it as an issue myself. The strap system did it for me, much better then the Nike bag. Other then that though the Nike was a killer bag.

Driver- titleist.gif 909D2 9.5* 
Fairway Wood- titleist.gif 909F2 15.5* w/ Diamana Blue stiff
Hybrid- titleist.gif 909H 19* 
Irons- mizuno.gifMX-200 4-PW, vokey.gifSM 50.8 bent to 51*, SM 56.11, and TVD 60*M
Putter- cameron.gif Newport 2.5 

Note: This thread is 5465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!