IGNORED

Handicap Index -- how to apply to another course

Rounders
Note: This thread is 5438 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thank for your inputs guys. That makes sense. I agree that my potential could be what the index is. Just the matter of consistency. I'll shoot a 5 or 6 in a 9 and blowup on the other half, etc.

I'm a 7.2 handicap and I do the same thing. My last 2 rounds I shot 41-36 and 40-46. Not only is that a wide variation in 9 hole scores but 18 as well, 77 and 86.

We are all playing by the same rules. Let the scores and calculations take care of themselves, that is not for you to decide.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

The average player is expected to play to his Course Handicap or better only about 25 percent of the time, average three strokes higher than his Course Handicap, and have a best score in 20 which is only two strokes better than his Course Handicap.

I fall right in line.

4 of my last 20 rounds are better then my index - 20% My average differential is 13.3 while my current index is 10.3 - 3 higher My best score differential is 7.9 - 2.4 less then my index

Rob Tyska

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5438 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!