IGNORED

Golf club knock off's

leftcoastsrt04
Note: This thread is 5460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently became the new owner of a new great golf set. A coworker/golf buddy of mine has decided that he is going to purchase a knock off set of clubs (or clones) for a fraction of the cost that I had paid. I figured it was a cool idea for him (its his money) but now he is trying to make it sound like getting these clubs is making him a better/smarter golfer. Honestly I'm getting sick of hearing it, and I don't want to lose a reliable golf partner but I am afraid if he keeps it up he will just annoy himself off my partner list.

My question is. I don't have too much knowledge when it comes to knockoffs, and know of people who swear by them. Are these clubs really what they make them out to be? What are some of the pro's and con's to buying knockoffs?
Driver: R9 460
3 Wood: Big Bertha Diablo 3D
Hybrid: Rapture 24
Irons: X-22's 4-AW
Wedges: X Forged 58/10Putter: Black Series Tour Design #2 (Righty)Balls: Pro V1x Penta TP

Yeah I'm an idiot, just did a search on the subject and found plenty of posts to answer my question. My bad.
Wedges: X Forged 58/10Putter: Black Series Tour Design #2 (Righty)Balls: Pro V1x Penta TP

Iago (from Othello) said it best… Jealousy is the green eyed monster.

You are actually the smarter golfer going with Callaway. From what I read on TST forums, Callaway has great customer service. So in the event something does go wrong – they will stand behind their product and make amends. I’m not so sure the clone manufacturer will be there for your friend when his clubs most assuredly have problems.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

Iago (from Othello) said it best… Jealousy is the green eyed monster.

Just did a Google search about Callaway Customer service, just out of curiosity, and all I have to say is...... WOW! I am impressed. It is awesome to hear.

A coworker/golf buddy of mine has decided that he is going to purchase a knock off set of clubs (or clones) for a fraction of the cost that I had paid. I figured it was a cool idea for him (its his money) but now he is trying to make it sound like getting these clubs is making him a better/smarter golfer.

If his is set made of quality components (Wishon, Golfsmith, etc.) He may indeed have a good set of clubs.

If he bought a true knock off, or counterfeit set (clubs made to look just like Callaway, Pings, etc). He is an idiot. The true counterfeit clubs are true pieces of crap. If that's what he bought, don't stand too close while he's hitting. I've seen these things fly apart on impact. While your handicap should improve with your new X22's (fine clubs I might add). His iron game is about to go to shit. But' he'll have a few extra bucks left over for dentures.

Note: This thread is 5460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!