IGNORED

scotty cameron users, need advice

Note: This thread is 5429 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do you know what length you want? each length has a specific weight for balance.

I need a 34" i Like the fact you can align it up with the red dot to ensure u hit straight puts

• 2 weeks later...
I'm actually looking at a scotty as well. I currently play a Taylormade Rossa Daytona that I picked up for $150 a few years ago. I liked it up until this year, when I started to stroke the ball really well. I started noticing that the insert gives a slightly different feel depending on how high you strike it on the face. I like to stroke the putter really low to the ground, and this putter requires that you hover it a centimeter or so above the ground. So either you hover it at address, or you sole it and run into ball position and stroke problems to compensate. It completely drains your confidence on long putts because you just don't know whether you will hit the insert vertically or not.

Long story short, I'm looking for a really well-balanced blade profile putter without an insert and with some offset (~1/2 shaft) to accommodate a 2-degree forward press at impact. I really need about 6 degrees of static loft and hear that when Scotty Camerons report 4 degrees, they are really talking about 4 degrees dynamic loft, or roughly 6 degrees of static loft. This is what someone at Golf Galaxy told me, anyway. Is that correct?

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

I have a Scotty Studio Select Newport 2. Got it this past Christmas in 33". I really like it, at 5'7" I had always putted with putters too longer for my height. I feel like I have good control, and their is no insert on the face which I love - I felt on other putters the ball "jumped" off the face...I don't really understand why one would want that on their putter.

I love the feel of it, would never trade it for any other putter out there.

But I will say this.

I don't know if it has saved me strokes during my rounds, I don't know if I'm a better putter with it.

So to those who claim that the Scotty is behind their great putting, it's false. It will give you more confident have a stick you know is confident and you're comfortable with - but you need to practice your putting in order to truly improve.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I have a Scotty Studio Select Newport 2. Got it this past Christmas in 33". I really like it, at 5'7" I had always putted with putters too longer for my height.

I play a 33" and I'm 6'3". But I'm what they call a "knuckle dragger". Even at 33", several players have remarked how upright my putting stance was.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Hey all thanks for the replies. I actually got a newport 2.6 33". This thing is sick all the putts feel so solid. I used to use a ping. that thing feels like a coke can compared to this thing. Thanks for the advice. I like the putter I have now finally.

I play a 33" and I'm 6'3". But I'm what they call a "knuckle dragger". Even at 33", several players have remarked how upright my putting stance was.

Wow. I would suggest you to be playing with a 35". But it's all about whatever you feel good with.

I was putting with a 35" for a while so this seems very managable. I probably could of, or should of even went shorter but eh, I like it.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I don't use a scotty, but after using a straight in shafted putter, I never want to go back to an offset or neck hosel type putter.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Wow. I would suggest you to be playing with a 35". But it's all about whatever you feel good with.

I played with a 35" for two years. I did some dynamic fitting, and 33" is perfect for me. I can control the putter so much better. It's night and day difference. 35" feels like I'm putting with a 3-iron. I'm never switching back. I had some pretty poor alignment and setup consistency issues that forced me to go shorter. The 35" putter puts me much further from the ball, and it's really difficult to get my eye-line correct without standing up straighter than what is natural. This made me contact it all over the face.

[ Equipment ]

Note: This thread is 5429 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!