IGNORED

Matrix XCON-5 Stiff After-Market Shafts

Note: This thread is 2792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Don't be so quick to drop the gun there.. When I get to my comp ( on I pod now) I will provide a link to gold outlined x cons. Regardless op, pick up a made for shaft... Should serve you well

You're referring to the Matrix XCON "special edition." They are in fact lined in gold although it has nothing to do with stock vs. after market. You can buy a non special edition XCON straight from Matrix and it will be lined in silver. The evidence is right on their website.

You're referring to the Matrix XCON "special edition." They are in fact lined in gold although it has nothing to do with stock vs. after market. You can buy a non special edition XCON straight from Matrix and it will be lined in silver. The evidence is right on their website.

thats fine, "

" the fact is he has an LCG, which has the stock offering as a MAtrix Xcon.. care to explain this one to everyone since you are apparently the all knowing matrix guy around here?

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

It's called buying in bulk. No different than the Macgregor MT Pro drivers with the DVS as a stock shaft or any other example that you want to find. However they do it, Callaway and Matrix make the bottom line work. Matrix has said it themselves, there is no difference. The mark-up on most shafts is substatial.....to the tune of almost double. Now buy those by the thousands and watch the price drop. It's no different than the way Wal Mart does buisiness.

Riot

thats fine, "

lol.

I don't see how the the club being a Low Center of Gravity version changes anything I've already said? So... it's the LCG which has a stock shaft offering of Matrix XCON 6. It's still the "Made for..." version of the XCON 6 which you can tell this because if you check the shaft specs for the FT-i LCG on Callaway's website ( http://callawaygolf.com/Global/en-US...fications.html ) you can see the weight of the stiff and x-still version of their stock offering is lighter in weight than the "exotic" shaft you can purchase from Matrix at an additional $300 or so (specs on Matrix website at: http://www.matrixshafts.com/ozik_xcon.html ). This is no different than what Titleist does with their new 909DComp driver. The stock shaft offering with it is the XCON 5/6 ( http://www.titleist.com/golfclubs/dr...omp.asp?bhcp=1 ) but it's still a "Made for..." version.

There is definitely a difference in the made for M. Rayons and the non-made for.

Why would there be an upgrade option if there wasn't? If you buy any driver and want the non-made for version of the premium shafts you are paying alot extra. I hope people aren't that stupid.

Brian

Ended up getting a r7 Limited with the "stock" Matrix Ozik XCon 5.5 stiff shaft. I'm playing in a scramble tournament Friday, so we'll see how it holds up.

Thanks for the information guys.

What's in My Bag?

Driver: 10.5° KZG SP-700 with Fujikura SIX Regular Flex Shaft | 2h: Adams A7OS Stiff | 3h: Adams A3OS Stiff | 4h: Nike Slingshot Steel | 5i-PW: Adams A2OS | Sand Wedge: Cleveland CG14 56° 3-dot | Lob Wedge: Cleveland CG15 60° 3-dot | Putter: Fisher CTS-9 Polyurethane Face

Great choice in drivers there... The limited is a great head and that shaft works well with that head... Best of luck!

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

• 7 years later...
On 1 juni 2009 at 1:14 PM, Laxplayer201092 said:

They are not fake per se... All of the made for shafts aka the ones that come stock in clubs go for much much less than a quote real matrix will. They come from the same place that "real" matrix come from. They just are a little different in weight ans torques. But as jaybird said, the "fake" ones work very well... On a first venture into matrix, a made for shaft that costs 50 is a great deal.. Especially when you see the results :] then you will imagine what a "real" matrix would perform like :]

Note- most of the matrix that come as stock shafts, the "matrix ozik" will be out lined in silver, where as a "real" or after market matrix is outlined in gold. This is true for all matrix shafts except the code series (or any of the odd colored matrix, as the colors beyond red were not offered to retail beyond the to and the hd series which come in white) the code is more of a matte red and is just plain silver writing. And there is your all inclusive guide to matrix golf shafts! Feel free to pm or post amy other questions!

So, here we go again with the "made for" shafts.

If I would find a "made for" shaft, like the Fubuki 50Z that came with Big Bertha, that I like very much, I don't think that the "real thing" would fit me...

If the shaft fits you, it's a good shaft for you. Nevermind about the "made for".

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Nocklaus said:

So, here we go again with the "made for" shafts.

If I would find a "made for" shaft, like the Fubuki 50Z that came with Big Bertha, that I like very much, I don't think that the "real thing" would fit me...

If the shaft fits you, it's a good shaft for you. Nevermind about the "made for".

The post you quoted is about seven years old…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!