IGNORED

iPhone or iPod Classic can't decide between them

Dub
Note: This thread is 5381 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If youre concerned with 16gb filling up too fast, they will probably be coming out with a 32gig soon. Don't fall on the Iphone bandwagon.

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

My vote is for the iPod Touch. As noted it is almost everything the iPhone is except for phone capability, photo-taking, and limited to internet connection via Wi-Fi. I must say it is really a cool gadget. If you do get it, you must consider these following apps:

PANDORA - Offers you free internet music similar in style to what you demand.
SHAZAM or MIDOMI - Determines the name of the song you don't know (but you'll need to get microphone capability).
iFITNESS - Helps you get into shape with different exercises.
GL GOLF - (or GL Golf Deluxe) The best golf game being offered.

Get a clear film to cover your pricey gadget to avoid inevitable scratches. Check youtube for instruction on how to apply. It'll be most helpful.
A silicone back cover (ie inCase) will serve you well.
GOOD LUCK!

I'm a recent ipod convert, got myself a 1st generation 32GB ipod touch for $300 new. It is great for the music and random wireless surfing in the airport when I can't be bothered with a laptop, or just out and about.

I'm not going to switch to an iphone though. Am perfectly happy with my standalone world phone which is great for worldwide travel and on Verizon.

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

Yeah, and tape adapters suck too.

This has really annoyed me to no end as well. I thought perhaps Sirius might have something to do with it but that's far fetched. I rent frequently and I'd say 1 out of 10 cars have an adapter. In NYC, I find it impossible to use the FM transmitter. Tape adapters don't have interference, but they are clumsy and how many cars have a tape player anymore?

If you decide to get an iPhone wait until after the Apple WWDC next week to see what the new iPhone will be like. There will most likely be a 32 GB option announced that should be released in late June/early July, so that will help with the music storage issue a little.

Speculation is rampant now, but it looks like speed and memory will most likely be improved. I agree - definitely wait. Perhaps we're in store for a surprise.

Anyone tried the Kindle feature for their iPhones?

I have Kindle and Stanza and many other reading applications. I have a ton of reading material handy - the complete works of Shakespeare, US History (speeches and letters) and the Bible in addition to books and news. Literally enough to last for years.

This machine is a godsend for those who commute via public transportation. I catch up on so much reading because it is so easy to read. Despite the form factor, I find the screen readable and even in a jam packed subway with one hand on a handrail, you can read. It is handy if you can't sleep - just pick it off the nightstand, no lighting required.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have an iphone and i love it. I use it for everything. i have the 8gb one and i have just over 1000 songs and about 40 different applications and 200 pictures, that should give you an idea of how much you can hold. Oh and i still have 1.7gb to use.

I have an iphone and i love it. I use it for everything. i have the 8gb one and i have just over 1000 songs and about 40 different applications and 200 pictures, that should give you an idea of how much you can hold. Oh and i still have 1.7gb to use.

I used my Daughters iPhone once during a power outage to see if the schools had a snow delay. It actually was quite useful for that!

My cell phone is also a Walkman, I don't want to brag but I have 31 songs loaded onto it! Edit: Although I have 31 total songs, Crocodile Rock is in there twice....

The iPod Touch always needs a wifi connection for any internet/apps uses. The good thing about that is you don't have to pay any monthly bills, the bad thing is that finding free wifi networks can be a real pain anywhere outside the house.
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

I have an iPhone as well as an 80 gig classic. Since I got the iPhone 3G on the release date I haven't used the classic much but have held on to it since I can use it for mass storage. Having the phone makes it much easier to carry one device as with the touch you'd have to carry two devices to achieve the same goal. If you're in the market for a new phone go with the iPhone (especially if you don't have a smartphone). I use an app called golf card which is a GPS rangefinder and a scorecard. I just enter my data on the course and don't have to fool with it later. I haven't written my score down with a pencil this year.

In my sack:

Driver: VR STR-8 Fit Tour 10.5 VooDoo stiff
3 wood: 909F2 13.5* stiff Diamana
Hybrid: Rescue 19* stiff3-6: MP 52 S3007-PW: MP 62 S300Wedges: 54-12, 58-8Putter: Newport 2 TeI3

It's killing me.....can't wait anymore.

I think I'll be getting one or the other this week. The Classic would offer a ton of storage that will be very handy.

We are going on some extended road trips this summer...would be very handy on our vacations.

Then again....so would the iPhone......grrrrrrrr.....decisions. May just get the Classic now...and wait a few weeks to see what happens with the iPhone....a 32 gig release should drop the prices on the 8gig models.

Still researching the FM units. It seems there are one or two that actually recieve good marks.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Solved one piece of the puzzle this morning.

Took my car over to a local car toystore for them to install a new stereo unit that will control the iPod and charge it, etc.

They took care of things in no time flat. What a nice difference it makes over the basic stock unit that was in there. iPod or not this is a huge upgrade for me....something that simple sounds tons better already.
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

• 4 weeks later...
I went with the iPod Classic 120GB......been enjoying it for the past week or so.

It is amazing how convenient the thing is....awesome having hundreds of albums at my touch while cruising down the road.

We are vacationing soon and I have loaded a bunch of my son's favorite movies and such on there.

It's killing my reading time at night before going to sleep as I find myself watching podcasts, movies and tv shows on it instead.

One thing, though, gotta get a better pair of earbuds....the stock ones keep falling out and the low end base is weak.

I can't recomend these things enough. Really cool gadgets.

Wooo... 120GB iPod... how many songs you can have on it? Good choice. I have a 30GB iPod Video that all the time it's in the car and recently changed my cellphone plan so I get an 8GB iPhone... if you still want the iPhone as you mentioned en other post, buy it, it's really cool!

Greetings!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

I've got well over 100 albums, 35 movies, tons of podcasts, numerous playlists in my growing iTunes.......and all of it is on my Classic....with about 85GB more space available.

The thing is massive. Very handy gadget.

I agree about the cell phone. I'm free of my contract agreement with Verizon....and am strongly considering an 8GB iPhone, too. The apps available are ridiculous.

iPhone!!!!! Just got one on Saturday and love it. Was forced in to doing so because my older phone broke, but no regrets on the purchase. Very easy to use and very capable. I opted for the older 3G version which has 8G. At $99 now it cannot be beat. 8G is plenty for me as I rotate music in and out all the time. The iPhone is definitely better than any other windows based PDA that I've tried........

R9 460 9.5
R9 3-Wood
Irons AP1 4-PW
Wedge X-Forged 62*, 56*, 50*
Studio Select 34" MS Newport 2 TP Red

• 1 month later...
iPhone!!!!! Just got one on Saturday and love it. Was forced in to doing so because my older phone broke, but no regrets on the purchase. Very easy to use and very capable. I opted for the older 3G version which has 8G. At $99 now it cannot be beat. 8G is plenty for me as I rotate music in and out all the time. The iPhone is definitely better than any other windows based PDA that I've tried........

I still haven't picked up the phone. I'm really loving the Classic, though. That thing is a beast with all the memory available.

I just ordered a 16GB Nano for my son's birthday. He wanted a red one...only place to get it was from Apple. He is excited about it. It's funny....in a years time we now have 2 Shuffles, 1 Classic and a Nano.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

We are buying stock in Apple, one unit at the time.

Wife and son each have Shuffles and my son also got a 16GB Nano for his birthday.

I'm still loving the 120GB classic due to the ease of plugging into the car or docking station at home to watch movies or Podcasts. It is a huge storage item....I'm about 1/2 full at this point.

I'll most likely get the phone mainly due to it being time to retire my old Motorola Razor...the keys are about shot out. I iPhone will be the ticket...mainly due to the apps.

Note: This thread is 5381 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!