IGNORED

Destin, FL golf courses??

Note: This thread is 5592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am going to Destin, FL June 6th and I was wondering which golf courses I should try to play? I have never been there and I want to play a course on the coast. Actually, I have never played on a course on any coast and I am excited about getting to play one.

So, anybody that has been there and played, which course should it be?

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm acually down in Destin right now and have played many of the courses here over the years we've been coming down. I played Bluewater Bay which is about a 10-20 minute drive here, 36 holes, very nice and scenic depending on which course they put you on. We've played Regatta Bay, Emerald Bay, Indian Bayou, Kelly Plantation, and Seascape. Tomorrow or within the next few days we're playing one of the Sandestin courses or Windswept Dunes which is a newer course about 30-45 minutes away and is the longest course in Florida and looks nice. Also, there is a crappy, over priced 9 hole course that I do not recommend going to. But overall, you can't really go wrong down here in terms of golf.

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 9*
3 Wood: cleveland.gif Launcher 13* 5 Wood: cleveland.gif Launcher 19*
Irons: cleveland.gif CG1 Black Pearl 3-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gif CG12 Black Pearl 52 & 58 Degree     Putter: cameron.gif California Coronado
http://twitter.com/BFlynn23

Raven and Baytowne at the Sandestin Hilton are nice. They play a Senior Tour event at the Raven. I think they just reopened the Links course as well which is fun but not a true links course. Regatta Bay and Camp Creek are also nice courses. There really are not a lot of holes right on the coast, because the coast has all the condos. If I had to put them in order, I'd say Raven, Regatta Bay, Camp Creek, Baytowne, bit they are all worth the time. You may be able to get a replay rate if you wated to do 36 and play Raven and Baytowne in the same day.

In the Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

L4V 9* Fujikura Rombax Z 6Z08
S9-1 Pro 15* Matrix OZIK X-Con
Baffler Pro 21* Golfsmith P2 irons - 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 CG14 Chrome Wedges Dynamic Gold X100 52* 56* 60* Rossa Monza SpiderBall - TP Red

I'm acually down in Destin right now and have played many of the courses here over the years we've been coming down. I played Bluewater Bay which is about a 10-20 minute drive here, 36 holes, very nice and scenic depending on which course they put you on. We've played Regatta Bay, Emerald Bay, Indian Bayou, Kelly Plantation, and Seascape. Tomorrow or within the next few days we're playing one of the Sandestin courses or Windswept Dunes which is a newer course about 30-45 minutes away and is the longest course in Florida and looks nice. Also, there is a crappy, over priced 9 hole course that I do not recommend going to. But overall, you can't really go wrong down here in terms of golf.

Raven and Baytowne at the Sandestin Hilton are nice. They play a Senior Tour event at the Raven. I think they just reopened the Links course as well which is fun but not a true links course. Regatta Bay and Camp Creek are also nice courses. There really are not a lot of holes right on the coast, because the coast has all the condos. If I had to put them in order,

Thanks guys. That is what I was looking for....maybe a list of the best down. The Raven sounds cool. I would like to play a course that has had an actual event there. How is the pricing on these courses? Expensive?

Bryan A

Prices aren't too bad around $50-120. I think the Raven right now has a $105 special and Baytowne for $85, but I do not know when those end. Bluewater was $65 as is Windswpet Dunes. I can't remember the prices on the other courses but they mostly fall in $50-120 range.

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG12 Black Pearl 52 & 58 Degree     Putter: cameron.gif California Coronado

I am going to Destin, FL June 6th and I was wondering which golf courses I should try to play? I have never been there and I want to play a course on the coast. Actually, I have never played on a course on any coast and I am excited about getting to play one.

I'm going sometime in July, and would like to know this as well. Even though im fairly sure I wont be golfing since the 2 courses near the resort will cost us over $200 to play...
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

I'll be in PC in two weeks. My dad and I plan on playing a couple times.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

Just finished up playing Baytowne today with a 78. Great course and very fun. Highly recommended.

Just finished up playing Baytowne today with a 78. Great course and very fun. Highly recommended.

Thanks man! Do you know if they charge for riders? My wife and kid will be there as well, but they won't be playing.

Bryan A

Note: This thread is 5592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!