IGNORED

San Francisco area golf courses

Note: This thread is 5585 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm be in SF for a few days in about 1 1/2 weeks...What are some good courses to get a few rounds in? I've made a list but will probably only get a chance to play 2-3 rounds here...

-Lincoln Park Golf Course
-Gleneagles International Golf Course
-The Presidio Golf Course
-Harding Park
-Sharp Park Golf Course

1. Harding was remodeled a few years ago and now hosts the President's Cup. Good golf if you can get on.
2. Presidio's a solid track as well.
3. You may also want to check out Crystal Springs a few miles south.

Lincoln Park is a strange little track with maybe the single best view of the GG bridge in SF. I'd avoid Geneagles and Sharpe Park.

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Harding and presido are a must,agree about crystal springs.
Lincoln,sharp park and glen eagles i would'nt waste my time with them.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Good stuff guys...I am going in 2 weeks and I have about 3 days to play W-Thu-Friday. My flight on Friday is about 1 or 2pm, so I figure I can play maybe 9 or 18 on early Friday morning (I'm coming from the East Coast...so hopefully playing around 5 or 6am is going to be fine...). I am staying at the Airport for one night so I suppose Crystal Springs makes sense...and I will be staying downtown.

Right now I am thinking...
1. The Presidio
2. Lincoln Park
3. Crystal Springs

How's Poplar Creek Golf Course?? It's in pretty close proximity to the airport...

Also, how should I brace myself for the weather? I've never been to SF or played a links type course next to the Ocean. I'm thinking its going to be windy...probably going to add a jacket. Also, I will probably play sometime in the morning, perhaps pretty early as I am going to be 3HRs ahead...

You realize that you're only a 2 hour-ish drive to Pebble Beach/Spyglass Hills/Spanish Bay/Poppy Hills/etc...right?

If that drive isn't doable, I would seriously consider driving over to Half Moon Bay (40 minutes from SF) and playing the Half Moon Bay Golf Links - either course.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Poplar is flat, wide, and unremarkable. Crystal Springs is OK, but my complaint is all the sloping fairways. Good shots and bad shots all end up rolling down to the same spot.

If you can drive a little, consider some courses out of SF (Poplar and Crystal are well outside the city, btw). Cinnabar Hills is nice. Surprisingly, the greens at Lake Chabot were *immaculate* yesterday. (What happened to that place?!? I love it now!)

I also like Indian Valley golf club in Novato.

And yes, HMB is *nice*.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Thanks guys...you all have been more than helpful. I repped everyone here, if that means anything...

I still have a week before going so if I have any more questions I'll pose them here.
You realize that you're only a 2 hour-ish drive to Pebble Beach/Spyglass Hills/Spanish Bay/Poppy Hills/etc...right?

Had somewhat a vague idea...but this isn't a golf trip, so I am probably going to stay within SF...thanks for the heads up though. Certainly nice to know...

Note: This thread is 5585 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!