IGNORED

Golf course hipsters

bunkerputt
Note: This thread is 5483 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Would you call someone on the golf course wearing a Hogan's flat cap and using a wooden putter a hipster? I don't know what his pants were, but I believe they were skinny jeans. I also don't know what his tee shirt was, but it may have been an ironic graphic tee. It is also unconfirmed whether this individual was drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon or not. He did not smoke a pipe.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

My wife usus a genuine cherry headed putter made by louisville and it is real sweet little mallett.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Golf has always been somewhat of an eccentric's sport. You don't think about it much these days because it's so mainstream, but in the past it used to have an attire and culture all it's own.

Doing my part to uphold that tradition I wear a big floppy hat that is anything if not goofy. It also provides a decent amount of shade for my mellon, but that's beside the point. I also have a wooden putter (it actually looks like a hybrid now that I think of it) that belonged to my grampa, but I don't use it. It has a nice lie though and you can putt with it just fine, but I keep it hanging on the wall as a keepsake.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

lol. Im from Brooklyn orginally and i dont see many williamsburg hipsters on the linx. Ive seen some on the ranges, though. I do wear a cabby type type hat and alot of loud plaids. Its how i dress when im off the course. Gangsta. Im traditional with my equipment, though.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Aint nuthin wrong with a wooden putter. I've been thinking of picking up one of those!

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

I wear a hogan style flat cap, sometimes paired with a tight pair of poweder, blue polyester leisure suit pants.

Not sure I would call that a, "hipster". Some people just prefer the classics and old man caps and wooden clubs fit with that style.
I say to each their own, I could sit here all day and rip on the people who wear cargo shorts and golf sandals on the course, but I dont...

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Note: This thread is 5483 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!