IGNORED

Which discontinued balls do you miss the most? which do you use now?

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 3916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Two balls that I really liked but quit playing because they were no longer made ...

Strata Tour Ultimate (despite a cover with the durability of wet tissue paper)

Callaway HX Red (the Blue was a great ball around the greens but I found it a bit short off the tee)

dave

In The Bag:
- Wishon 949MC 10.5* Driver
- Wishon 525 F/D 3W
- Wishon 515 949MC 5W
- Wishon 60* Cx Micro LW- Wishon 550M SW (55*)- Wishon 550M GW bent to 50* - Wishon 550C 6i - 9i (9i bent to 45*)- Wishon 321Li 3i/4i/5i hybrids- Odyssey Two Ball Putter

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure if it's the same ball dave ... but there is a stack of about 20 Dozen Maxfli Revolution+ golf balls at the dicks where i live 2 dozen for 35$

might want to check out your local dicks

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

The Nike TW Accuracy is a discontinued ball that I still use. I love this ball. Soft, easy to compress, nice roll with the putter. Does not spin like crazy but spins enough for me.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

The original wound A-10 from maxfli

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

The Vapors to me feel super hard. Same with the Tour D. The regular One Tour isn't bad, it's just like the One Black which I have always been a fan of. This year I got a couple dozen One Platinums on discount and I like how soft they are. I guess when I run out of the Platinums I'll have to go to the Pro-V's.

i played a vapor 2day. it feels hard but its spins quite well on the greens. long off the tee as well.

my choice is the original pro v1 392. man those things would spinnn.

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

The Titleist Tour Balata.....or the old wound DT.

Something about catching one of those squishy Titleist right in the screws with a persimmon driver.....it was a great feeling. I play the Pro V1 now, greatest ball ever made.

A couple others I remember going way back.

Spalding Tour Edition, from around 1980. That was one of the first balls that promoted a high spin ball, and it lived up to the hype. The overall distance was a little short of the Titleist's of that era but man could you spin that ball around the greens.

Maxfli Blue Max, from the mid 1970's, nothing special about this ball but it was just a solid ball with good performance, distance, and durability! This was the first ball brand that I purchased as a junior golfer! I'd save up my allowance to buy some new Blue Max's,,lol!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Well I personally am not old enough to have had a ball discontinued in my lifetime, but I REALLY am liking my Nike Distance X Turbos. I think I might move to another ball though. They have a very rough feel, but great distance.

Nike One Platnium

Wilson TX4

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

Nike One Platnium

Was there a big change from the TX4 to the TX4 Pro that is out now?

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Was there a big change from the TX4 to the TX4 Pro that is out now?

Wow, I had no idea they made em again. I might have to check that out.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

i played a vapor 2day. it feels hard but its spins quite well on the greens. long off the tee as well.

I mean no disrespect, as according to your handi's you could both blow me out of the water, but I was curious how you could find a 70 compression ball (Vapor) as "hard". I played it and I didnt like it because I thought it was waay soft (my ss is 100-105). Again, just askin.

When I saw the title of your thread the very first ball that popped into my head was the Maxfli Revolution. I still think that's the best ball I've ever played. It felt amazing off the driver, crisp off the irons and putted like butta!

Precept is now making the

EV Extra Spin again. That was also one of my favorites

I mean no disrespect, as according to your handi's you could both blow me out of the water, but I was curious how you could find a 70 compression ball (Vapor) as "hard". I played it and I didnt like it because I thought it was waay soft (my ss is 100-105).

FWIW, a soft feel on a full shot is different than a soft feel on a 'low clubhead speed' shot (putt, chip, etc). One doesn't necessarily imply the other. dave

In The Bag:
- Wishon 949MC 10.5* Driver
- Wishon 525 F/D 3W
- Wishon 515 949MC 5W
- Wishon 60* Cx Micro LW- Wishon 550M SW (55*)- Wishon 550M GW bent to 50* - Wishon 550C 6i - 9i (9i bent to 45*)- Wishon 321Li 3i/4i/5i hybrids- Odyssey Two Ball Putter

FWIW, a soft feel on a full shot is different than a soft feel on a 'low clubhead speed' shot (putt, chip, etc). One doesn't necessarily imply the other.

Ok, guess I didnt think of "hardness" that way. Its been a long day, thanks for the explanation.

Top Flight Z Balata...I liked that ball.

Also Titliest Balata 90's or 100's....man... hit those with a modern day wedge...sick spin, tears the ball up though. (great for scramble situations)

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Note: This thread is 3916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!