IGNORED

Funny story

Minnesotagolfer
Note: This thread is 6505 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I was at a local public golf course in my home town, a place where I hardly play and I might not go back because of this event. I was playing a good round the first 3 holes, 1 under, and I was teeing it up on the 4th. It was a windy day and I was planning on keeping to low, maybe hit a 3 iron stinger or some sort of shot like that. Anyway, I go with the 3 iron and there is a maintence crew about 150 yrds in front of me. I stand for awhile and they see me and wave me through but still remain in the middle of the fairway. So I figure that they're all watching me to see where the ball goes. I hit my shot and it feels a little thin, but it's good and all of a sudden, when the ball is over the workers, one of them throws his shovel in the air and hits my ball which results in my ball ricocheting OB. Just so happened that at the same time the ranger was making his way in my direction and witnessed the event. The crew was fired and I got my money back and finished the round, a little stunned and entertained by the whole event.

In the bag
907 D2 8.5 Matrix Ozik shaft
904F 13 UST Proforce shaft
585-H UST Proforce
4-PW 690.MB Vokey Oil Can 52 56 and 60 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5 Pro VIHome Course- Somerby Golf Club site of the Nationwide Tour Scholorship Fund Tournamenthttp://www.somerby.com

You are saying that you may not go back to the course, even after they refunded your money on the round AND fired the crew? Seems to me the course handled the situation extremely well. I like the theory that is based not on the problems in life but how they are handled.

IMHO this problem was well handled. And I think after the fact that they gave you a refund it's actually pretty funny. You're good enough to pretty much know where that ball was going to land. In this case I'm sure you would be allowed to drop the ball approx where the ball would have come to rest.

Swing = Stacked and On Plane when possible.
In My Bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9° Alidila NV 75g Stiff
3-Wood: Nike SQ 15° Diamana Stiff (Stock)
Irons: NIKE FORGED SPLIT CAVIY (S300)Wedges: Taylormade RAC Fe2O3 (Rust) 52°/56°/60°Putter: Titleist/Cameron Newport 1.5Ball: Looking for a new...

I was playing a good round the first 3 holes, 1 under

So what did you shoot? Don't leave us hanging. And did you hit another tee shot? Anyone know the appropriate ruling on this one? I'm just kidding (though curious).

That's a bizarre situation. Usually the worst the ground crew will do is crank the mower when you're ready to hit. I don't really understand why they would go out of their way to be obnoxious.

• Administrator
So what did you shoot? Don't leave us hanging. And did you hit another tee shot? Anyone know the appropriate ruling on this one? I'm just kidding (though curious).

They're outside agents. He plays the ball as it ended up (OB).

I think firing the crew was dumb. Perhaps fire the guy who threw the shovel, but the whole crew? I'm with the other guy: firing the crew, giving you a refund, etc. should be enough on their part to earn a return trip from you if you otherwise liked the course. And, despite the rules of golf, I'd have probably hit again and not counted the strokes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yea, I wound up taking the OB and dropping because I could tell where it went out. For those who were curious I wound up shooting 4 over for that round. And to answer you concerns, I thought they did handle it well I thought that firing them was harsh but I really didn't have any say in the matter, it wasn't my idea or anything. I have been back actually and I joke about it with some people I've become friends with there.

In the bag
907 D2 8.5 Matrix Ozik shaft
904F 13 UST Proforce shaft
585-H UST Proforce
4-PW 690.MB Vokey Oil Can 52 56 and 60 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5 Pro VIHome Course- Somerby Golf Club site of the Nationwide Tour Scholorship Fund Tournamenthttp://www.somerby.com

• Administrator
Golf is hard enough already.

Rub of the green. And the rules.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6505 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!