IGNORED

Thinking about a 7 Wood...

Note: This thread is 5412 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I have this club in my bag I cannot hit worth a bum nickle. It is a 4 Hybrid. I have tried to hit it correct, but I can't seem to get it straight. I hit it like a wood and it goes right. I hit it like and iron and I hit it way right. It doesn't like me. I'm thinking of finding a nice used Orlimar Trimetal 21° and be done with it. What would you do?

Driver: GigaGolf Verve 17 10.5°
Woods: Gigagolf X2 Fairway 3 Wood, Orlimar Trimetal 19°
Hybrids: Gigagolf Cloud Nine 4
Irons: Gigagolf Cloud Nine Series
Wedge: Gigagolf SGS Black 52° & 58°

Putter: Ping Pal 2i Isopur

Shoes: Adidas

Ball: Titleist NXT

1) Identify a possible swing flaw
2) Try out other 4 hybrids with varying shafts. Try out 7 woods with varying shafts
3) Analyze results of step 1 and 2 then make a decision

As Kenny Mayne would say, "A 7-wood? My Nanna has a 7 wood."

WITB:
Driver-B'stone J33R 9.5* Pro Force V2 65S 44.5"
3w/5w-B'stone J33R 15-18* NV75 Stiff
3h Ping G10 21* TFC Stiff
irons-Mizuno Pro II w/4-9, MP-T 47 PW, currently have DG S300. X100 Soft Stepped 1x or PX 6.0 are on stand by.GW Mizuno MP-T 53-9* DG R300LW Titleist Vokey SM 58-12* DG Wedge flexT...

i had this dilemna just recently. my friend has a 7wood that i hit unbelievable and so does he(he wasn't letting go of the thing), so i threw a cobra 7wood in my bag. i loved it, then i started to not hit it well. i decided it was time for a newer technology 7wood(atleast graphite shaft), or possibly an 18-22* hybrid. I ended up testing several 5 and 7woods and a few hybrids. i loved the nickent 3dx ironwood so i bought it cuz of the accuracy and utility of the club. if the 7wood works for you, go for it. if it fills your yardage gap and play into your game then buy one. but make sure you weigh all your options and test out a few different clubs that can help you out with your yardage gap.

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

Thanks guys. I will have to go hit some clubs...

Driver: GigaGolf Verve 17 10.5°
Woods: Gigagolf X2 Fairway 3 Wood, Orlimar Trimetal 19°
Hybrids: Gigagolf Cloud Nine 4
Irons: Gigagolf Cloud Nine Series
Wedge: Gigagolf SGS Black 52° & 58°

Putter: Ping Pal 2i Isopur

Shoes: Adidas

Ball: Titleist NXT

So I have this club in my bag I cannot hit worth a bum nickle. It is a 4 Hybrid. I have tried to hit it correct, but I can't seem to get it straight. I hit it like a wood and it goes right. I hit it like and iron and I hit it way right. It doesn't like me. I'm thinking of finding a nice used Orlimar Trimetal 21° and be done with it. What would you do?

Use whatever works best for YOU. It took most of us a long time with lots of trial and error to make up a set that fits OUR needs. You'll find your equipment is an evolving entity, just when you think it's all set, you'll find that one club that just does it a little better. Personally, I've never met a hybrid I like. That doesn't mean hybrids are bad, just not right for me (right now).

As Kenny Mayne would say, "A 7-wood? My Nanna has a 7 wood."

Wonder what Kenny would think of my 11 wood? Actually, I couldn't care less. It's never how and always how many in this game. I've probably won enough money with my 11 wood (and 7 wood) to buy a Hyundai. I love picking up the greenie money from the macho 3 iron hitting boys.

"11 wood? That's an old man's club...." "Shut up and pay the geezer."

I was just quoting the commercial. I have a 7wd that get's played when I visit certain courses. I hit it 220, and it comes down like an 8 iron.

WITB:
Driver-B'stone J33R 9.5* Pro Force V2 65S 44.5"
3w/5w-B'stone J33R 15-18* NV75 Stiff
3h Ping G10 21* TFC Stiff
irons-Mizuno Pro II w/4-9, MP-T 47 PW, currently have DG S300. X100 Soft Stepped 1x or PX 6.0 are on stand by.GW Mizuno MP-T 53-9* DG R300LW Titleist Vokey SM 58-12* DG Wedge flexT...

I'd be interested to see how this works out for you as well. I've been considering adding a 7 or 9 wood to my bag or a hybrid club. Haven't tried any of them on the course yet though.

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction." Ty Webb, Golf Philosopher

I'd say don't give up on the hybrid just yet. I am just figuring mine out (after almost giving up several times) and I'm finally getting the hang of it.

Been playing just a few months but I play almost every day.

What's in my bag: Distance Master Driver, Maltby Trouble Out woods/hybrids, Maltby KE4 Irons (all assembled by me so I can never blame my equipment).

Note: This thread is 5412 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!