IGNORED

Guy Who Doesn't Know his Handicap Shoots 84:)

trackster
Note: This thread is 5423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Prepare to get absolutely owned and never want to post on this sight again.^^

My bag consists of a:

Wilson Sam Snead 3 wood from the 60s
4-PW Turin Golf irons i got 2 weeks ago from my sisters boyfriend(he had them since 8th grade he is 22 now)
A mcgregor 9 iron from the 60s i use to hit my chip shots
And a Higgins sears putter from like the 1940s

So i dont think i am one of those club freaks.

As for not knowing my handicap i have been golfing 2 years and i just turned 18
I run track in the spring so im not on a golf team i just go and play.

And when you hit your ball down the fairway and to the green there isnt many rules you can break. Unless there is a rule for shooting 13 strokes better than you ever have before. In which case i would have to be given a couple of penalty strokes.

Prepare to get absolutely owned and never want to post on this sight again.^^

Thanks for the info buddy, but I don't feel owned, and here I am posting again

The rant was not aimed at you as an individual, rather it was a general rant. I can see that you're no clearly no club freak, but 2 years golfing without knowing your handicap is precisely what I was talking about, so I rest my case. You're right, there is no written rule for shooting 13 under, but those golfers who do have a handicap and do shoot 13 under will post a card and their hcap index will be adjusted - you don't even have a clue about yours?
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

They don't know their own handicap nor have a clue about the USGA handicapping system

I don't need a handicap in order to play WITH other golfers. I would only need a handicap if I was trying to play AGAINST other golfers. Since I have little interest in playing against anyone other than myself, I don't have a pressing need for a HC.

It's me against the course, not me against you. Not interested in gambling on the course either, so if that's your angle, you can stop right now... I know your comeback will be "Without a HC you can't compare scores from different courses." You are correct, and I'm willing to live without that level of detail in my game. If I break 100 at the local muni and then shoot 110 at Dancing Rabbit, I still won't feel good about the 110, even if those scores are "equivalent" when taking the HC into account. So why bother? In your eyes, does not having a HC mean I'm not playing golf?

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

Thanks for the info buddy, but I don't feel owned, and here I am posting again

LOL thats exactly what i told my friend you would say.

Yet you posted it in this topic? Anyways some people just go out and play golf. If i shoot 84 as a 30 handicapper or as a 15 does it make a bit of difference? Its still a very good score. And i just figured it out today if that keeps you happy.

LOL thats exactly what i told my friend you would say. Yet you posted it in this topic?

Ok, so it looks like you pulled some buddies in for moral support. Ok, I can see you're upset about this whole thing, so we'll try to put it to bed on this thread.

As golfer who both knows the game and takes his game pretty seriously, I'd say handicap does matter - if it doesn't, how on earth can you measure your progress. - a 30 handicapper shooting 84 should never happen - if their hcap index is correct, it's impossible - it would be around 18 under. - a 15 capper shooting 84 is still a good score. According to probability and an accurate index, I believe a 15 capper should be shooting mainly in the high 80s. - a 5 capper who shoots an 84 is having a bad day and 84 isn't a good score to this guy. What I'm trying to illustrate is that a score of 84 can range from bad through average, to impossible. So, again, if you don't have a clue about your correct index, how do you rationalise that 84 is a good score? Finally, don't give me nonsense about it's only you versus the course and that you're not so serious about your game. If that's the case, why do you feel the need to pimp your score on a web forum - this in itself tells me you're fairly serious and looking for validation?
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

You are mixing up 2 different posters and anyways i figured my handicap to be a 22.1 so an 84 is still pretty good. And whats up with people saying "pimp your scores" im much younger than most people on here and i wouldnt even say that so i would highly suggest that you dont either.

You are mixing up 2 different posters and anyways i figured my handicap to be a 22.1 so an 84 is still pretty good. And whats up with people saying "pimp your scores" im much younger than most people on here and i wouldnt even say that so i would highly suggest that you dont either.

No Trackie, I was addressing 2 separate posts. Part of my response was addressing our ongoing debate and part of it addressing the other guy that chimed in - see it's not only you I'm ranting at

I agree with you, based on a 22 hcap, a score of 84 is damn good, in fact too good. Therein lies my gripe, but there's nothing I can do about it. Enjoy your 84. Moving forward, if you want to post any more low scores, there's already a sticky thread "What'd you shoot today?" . I guess if you post it there, you'll be safe from naysayers like me, because I never post there, nor do I read it. You claim to be 18 and you've never used the word pimp and/or are deeply offended by it? I find that somewhat surprising, but maybe you've led a sheltered life thus far? you should also stop visiting this forum, because the word is widely used around here by some other grown-ups. Notwithstanding, if my use of the word pimp offended you, then I apologise unreservedly.
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood

i dont see it as an offensive word i see it as an outdated and really lame word

You see the word pimp as lame and I see a golfer clueless about handicaps as lame.

I guess we 2 lames should call it a draw?
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood

Well this was an enjoyable thread to read haha...

My $.02 is a handicap is good to know for when you play different course's, even if you are just playing for the enjoyment of the game and have no competitive side to it :)

Furthermore, boasting an 84 could be miserable (tiger woods), average, or amazing depending on your handicap which is why it is important to have an accurate handicap when boasting.

Though no everyone plays to keep records and some just for relaxing so they don't need a handicap to tell them how they are playing. But when boasting here its good to know

In The Bag:
Driver: r7 460 (9.5)
Fairway Woods: r7 CGB Max (3,5)
Hybrid:r7 CGB Max
Irons:AP2Wedges:Vokey Spin Milled Tour Chrome (52/8, 56/14, 60/4)Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Balls:Pro V1x 2009

Note: This thread is 5423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!