IGNORED

Wilson Profile Power vs Top-Flite Xl

Note: This thread is 5405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am a beginner and am looking to invest in my first club set. The wilson clubs are a newer model and are around 300 while the top-flite xl's are a full set for just 198. Which do you think would be the best clubs to improve my game and provide a easy learning curve. I also want the clubs to last me awhile as i progress, i dont want to invest in something i will outgrow rather quickly.
Driver: Walter Hagen T3 Square
3 wood: Walter Hagen T3
Hybrids: Walter Hagen T3
Irons: Walter Hagen T3
Putter: Walter Hagen MalletChipper: EZ RollShoes: GreenJoyGlove: ReactBall: E5+ or HX Hot Bite16 years old

any other opinions? I am also considering the wilson profile anti-slice club set. Same price as the other wilson set (298)

Im also considering the wilson ultra set. About a hundred cheaper than the others. I cant tell any diffrence between the sets? any help?
Putter: Walter Hagen MalletChipper: EZ RollShoes: GreenJoyGlove: ReactBall: E5+ or HX Hot Bite16 years old

anyone else have an imput? I need all the info i can gather

Personally, I'd rather buy a used set of better quality clubs. As i was just told on a different thread, "irons do not wear out or go "dead" but they will show wear on the grooves."
For a beginner set why not.

NBC Tour Member

In my Nike bag:
Cobra Speed LD OS Driver
Nike Ignite 3H Nike Ignite irons 4 - PWCheap no name LW (60*) and AW (54*)Nike OZ #3 PutterPro V1x or Noodle+ BallsFootJoy ShoesNike glove

All I can say is that I started out with a top flite iron set and I was really pleased with them. They were forgiving, felt great and looked sharp. I think they were great game improvement irons and were cheap mostly because of the name.

That's my opinion.
My Tools:

Taylor Made Burner Driver
F60 3 & 5 Wood
Cleveland Halo 3i Hybrid Mizuno MP57 irons 4-PW Cleveland 52 & 56 Degree Wedges Srixon ZURS Ball

I've used rentals at a little pitch and putt place, and they were top flites. They seemed okay to me...although I only used the 9 iron and PW. If there is nothing used that strikes your fancy, you'll probably be okay with those I'm willing to bet. Top FLite balls though...YUCK!

I bought a new set of Top Flite XL a couple of years ago; it has a driver, a #3 abd #5 fairway woods, 4 and 5 hybrid, 6-9 PW, SW irons and a mallet putter. I am extremely happy with the set and have consistently improved my game. I just broke 100 at the beginning of this season, and am still making great improvement with the set. I play around 10-12 rounds a year, and go the range once every 2 weeks. Wish I have more time, but I take what I can.

The set is forgiving enough for a beginner, and in my case easily last 3 or 4 years. I am very happy that I have stayed with the set, and learn how they play, if you know what I mean. I tried different, more expensive clubs from other manufacturers when I go out to the range, and to tell you the truth, I cannot tell the difference. Until I can, I will just stick with my Top Flite XL. I think they are a fantastic deal.

I am considering buying a second set (I split my time between 2 different cities) and noticed that the set sold in the US (TGW, Golfsmith) is slightly different than the one I got at Golftown in Montreal. The US version does not have the #5 Wood and the SW.

Good luck finding your clubs,

Note: This thread is 5405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!