IGNORED

Base Hit or Par?

iacas
Note: This thread is 6501 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which would happen first: Guillen pars or Woods gets a base hit?

• Tiger Woods would get a base hit against MLB pitching.
    • Ozzie Guillen would par a hole on the PGA Tour.

I've played with some AWEFUL golfers that have strung together enough shots to make a birdie, and many more pars. Ozzie would par a hole in his first round solely as an athlete. Tiger, would get a hit, but it would take a while. I'm not doubting his athletic ability, but hitting a major league fastball is apparently the most difficult thing in professional sports.
In The Bag
Ping Rapture 10.5* Aldila Proto 65-S
Sonartec SS 3.5 19* 5W Fuji Tour Platform Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54.10*, 60.04*Odyssey White Hot 2 BallTitleist Pro V1x

... Ozzie would par a hole in his first round ...

I don't think he was talking about "a" par in a 18 hole round? I understood it as Ozzie-bigmouth standing on a tee and playing 1 (ONE) hole only - and getting a par (after all #2 player in the world could not accomplish this task

). If we're talking one par in 18 holes - in that case TW should get 18 at bats... and I'm still going with Tiger. Ozzie is a talker and I don't like him

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
I don't think he was talking about "a" par in a 18 hole round? I understood it as Ozzie-bigmouth standing on a tee and playing 1 (ONE) hole only - and getting a par

Hell, if that's the case, Ozzie has no chance. None. If it's 1:1 (throughout a normal round of golf, and against pitchers of varying skill), at-bat versus one hole, I think that's where it gets close.

But if it's one hole versus one game (three to five at-bats), Tiger would have to win hands down. Even if Ozzie could pick the hole he wanted to play...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I was thinking one round of golf- 18 holes- vs. 1 game - 3 to five at bats- and Ozzie would win. No way does Tiger get a hit in his first game or 3 to five at bats against a major league pitcher. BUT Ozzie probably would get A par. If Barkley can sqeeze out a par, anyone can.
In The Bag
Ping Rapture 10.5* Aldila Proto 65-S
Sonartec SS 3.5 19* 5W Fuji Tour Platform Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54.10*, 60.04*Odyssey White Hot 2 BallTitleist Pro V1x

Ozzie could par some of the shorter par 4s like the driveable short par 4 at the GHO or maybe even a short par 3 like 17th at Sawgrass. Give Ozzie 18 chances at the same hole, and Tiger 18 at bats with the same pitcher, Ozzie would win.

• Administrator
Ozzie could par some of the shorter par 4s like the driveable short par 4 at the GHO or maybe even a short par 3 like 17th at Sawgrass. Give Ozzie 18 chances at the same hole, and Tiger 18 at bats with the same pitcher, Ozzie would win.

Ozzie probably averages one whiff per round. Have you seen his swing?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 6501 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!