IGNORED

Simple Question:

Elsfan
Note: This thread is 5371 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He involved in the killings of thousands of animals. The comparison is not that off. Someone that is sick enough to do that is sick enough to do many other things. Signing a guy with a mind that sick as someone will probably do (Al Davis), shows me that the ownership and management do not agree with my philosophies on life.

He killed like 6 dogs, not thousands. Not even close to a child molester. It is just a dog. An inferior animal to humans. Something meant to be a pet, not an equal.

You can't compare diddling a kid to killing an animal.

On death row for murder, talk about a silly argument. What country do you live in?

Are you saying that he wouldn't be on death row for murder? I live in America. Why don't you take a stance against the Broncos for having Brandon Marshall? He is a criminal. http://mikeresponts.wordpress.com/20...ith-impugnity/

You aren't seriously comparing Vick to a child molester are you?

I am illustrating how simply "doing the time" does not wash your hands 100% whether you torture and kill dogs or molest children.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I am illustrating how simply "doing the time" does not wash your hands 100% whether you torture and kill dogs or molest children.

Gotcha. Mike did his time, he can come play on my team.

Gotcha. Mike did his time, he can come play on my team.

I completely agree 100%. People should give it a rest, he did his time and has payed his debt to society. Furthermore he got shafted with his prison sentence and was made an example of. Plenty of athletes have done much worse and gotten off with far less. However I am not saying that I condone any of his actions in any way.

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde

Vick will never be a super bowl caliber qb. Why? He is past his prime.

He had his best year in 2006 right before he went to prison. So, he wasn't past his prime. He might be out of shape right now and unfit to play like he did before, but when he left the league, he was not "past his prime."

You're right though. He will never be a Super Bowl caliber qb. How many (very) mobile quarterbacks have made it to the Super Bowl in the modern NFL? Steve Young, John Elway, DNabb. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. His style of play (run first and low completion %) will keep his teams from competing in the playoffs. Except, if he's in a wildcat offense. Put him on the Dolphins as a back up or special QB (not an everydown QB) and I think he'd flourish. Maybe make a playoff run. If he were on the Bills (my team), I'd still root for them, but I wouldn't like it too much. The Bills are rebuilding for the most part and trying to get younger players. It would be a major set back to Trent Edwards. However, if it means the Bills make enough money from him to not move to Toronto for half of next year, then I'd accept it. I just don't think any real fan stops rooting for a team because of one player. You like the team, regardless of the individual players if your a real fan IMO.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

He involved in the killings of thousands of animals. The comparison is not that off. Someone that is sick enough to do that is sick enough to do many other things. Signing a guy with a mind that sick as someone will probably do (Al Davis), shows me that the ownership and management do not agree with my philosophies on life.

Thousands? Cmon, seriously, let's be real. That's not even close to the number and there was no proof that he actually killed those animals. In fact, his case clearly states that he consulted with one of his co-defendants before that co-defendant electrocuted

one dog. It goes on to read that eight dogs were killed at the Vick property. Therefore, whether or not he was involved is irrelevant. It happened at his home and therefore he is guilty of allowing it. To say that he killed "thousands of animals" is both reckless and false and just gives ammunition to those people who don't want him playing. Find me one NFL team, just one, that does not have at least one player that's been on the police blotter for slapping a girlfriend, brandishing a gun, etc.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Thousands? Cmon, seriously, let's be real. That's not even close to the number and there was no proof that he actually killed those animals. In fact, his case clearly states that he consulted with one of his co-defendants before that co-defendant electrocuted

Lets be real, he was involved in a ring, I am talking about the resulted deaths being much higher whether he pulled the trigger or not. Its not reckless at all. He was a major player and supplier in the dog fighting business. Those dogs were bred to be killed or die and the ones confiscated were also put to death due to not being able to retrain them to not be violent. You may not have a high value on dogs, I do. You saying he killed dogs in the single digits is reckless. Many, many dogs died whether by his hand or not. He was linked! What about abuse, not feeding, electrocuting, shooting, and many other despicable methods of abusing and killing these animals.

Also be smarter than listening to his co-defendants who he paid off. They were not going to tell the true brutality of this animal. Think outside the box and don't take testimony as fact from a bunch of thugs. Keep making excuses dude. Stop recklessly undervaluing animals lives. I don't care about a player having a gun, I value the life of an animal who can't protect itself. He was dogfighting since 01, yeah he has only killed a couple of dogs. How naive can you be?

Mike Vick gets signed to your team. You still root for them? I am a lifelong Denver fan and if Mike Vick was to sign with Denver I am done with them.

Yes, I would still root for them. I think that this is ridiculous and a little bit overblown.

Donte Stallworth DUI hit and KILLED a human being, and only got 30 days in jail, and will almost certainly be allowed to play again at some point.

Lefty Golfer!
In my light stand bag:
R7 Limited Driver 9.5* Matrix Ozik xcon 5.5 Stiff Shaft
A3os 3 (19*) and 4 (22*) Hybrids Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff shafts
X-22's 5-AW Regular Flex Uniflex Steel Shafts X-Forged SW 56* & LW 60* 35" Studio Stainless Newport 2.5 ('04 version) with a...

Yes, I would still root for them. I think that this is ridiculous and a little bit overblown.

I completely agree, I can't believe we're giving Vick such a hard time, when Stallworth knowingly got in a car when he was drunk, and ended up killing a person. I don't know about you, but that's much worse than Vick killing a dozen or two dozen dogs. But somehow we get so worked up over Vick, and not Stallworth. Both of them knowingly broke the law and killed another living being, but the one who killed some dogs gets scrutinized harder? This is a ridiculous argument. I may not be thrilled about having him on my team, but stop rooting for them, or actively root against him, I'm not going to do that. He did his time, which is something we can hardly say for Stallworth.

What's in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag:

Driver - Taylormade Superfast 2.0 TP 10.5
3 Wood - Taylormade Burner 15* REAX
Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro 18* GD YSQ-HL

Irons - Callaway X-18 4-PW

GW - Cleveland 588 51*

SW - Cleveland CG 12 56*

LW - Cleveland CG15 60*

Putter - Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

Bushnell Medalist rangefinder

Hey Elsfan,

How come you haven't responded to my post about Brandon Marshall. Where is your outrage for the man who is only behind Pacman with law enforcement involvement?

Hey Elsfan,

I can't stand Marshall. I have talked about his probable departure since his arrival. He is a moron and hopefully he gets sent somewhere else.

I can't stand Marshall. I have talked about his probable departure since his arrival. He is a moron and hopefully he gets sent somewhere else.

Yet you are still a fan of the team. How come?

Also be smarter than listening to his co-defendants who he paid off. They were not going to tell the true brutality of this animal. Think outside the box and don't take testimony as fact from a bunch of thugs. Keep making excuses dude. Stop recklessly undervaluing animals lives. I don't care about a player having a gun, I value the life of an animal who can't protect itself. He was dogfighting since 01, yeah he has only killed a couple of dogs. How naive can you be?

He paid off his co-defendants? Really? And you know this how? Must not have been much since they A)Went to jail and B) Testified against him.

You don't think that the prosecution did their due diligence and promised to punish his accomplices if they were lying? You don't think that a prosecutor intent on making a name for himself and moving up was not going to make sure he covered every aspect of this trial? Rightttttttttttttttttt. Furthermore, a little reading comprehension goes a long way. I never made excuses for Vick. All I did was talk about his actual trial. Unlike Stallworth, who got a slap on the wrist: "What, I can't drive but I'm only going to jail for 24 days for killing a human being while high on marijuana and drunk? Sure, I'll take the deal." Vick did his time and while I don't condone it, like I wrote previously, maybe you were too busy thinking outside the box to actually read what I wrote, he paid for his crimes. He deserves another opportunity. If Ivan Boesky can still give financial advice after swindling $3 Billion then Vick can play football. And please don't accuse me of being reckless. I, unlike you, value human life over an animals life. Think of Stallworth's victim. Could he defend himself against a speeding Bentley driven by a drug user? I don't think so.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

He paid off his co-defendants? Really? And you know this how? Must not have been much since they A)Went to jail and B) Testified against him.

You accuse me I accuse you. Lots of things go on besides what you here. Stallworth is another thread all together. Vick is about to get signed, this topic is relevant. When Stallworth's time comes up he definitely will deserve his own thread and is a scum bag of epic proportions. But you are right, you value human life more than an animals, I see all life as equal.

If Mike Vick were to sign with my favorite team, I would fully support Vick and the team. Mike Vick did his time. From what I've seen, he's realized he's made a huge mistake in his actions and what he did with those dogs...But, he's done his time in jail and, at least in my opinion, he deserves a 2nd Chance.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Note: This thread is 5371 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!