IGNORED

Chipping and putting green etiquette... and the lack thereof

senorchipotle

I never understood why people - particularly kids - feel the need to add that. Either the the thought literally goes through their head and they have to actually restrain themselves from hitting someone over something as stupid as hitting putts to an occupied hole, or they're just trying to sound tough or macho or something.

You have a point, i added that comment just to show my frustrations. I just hate how older guys never take young guys serious at my local course. But i guess it's like you said, comments like mine are what earn us this disrespect. In the future i will go about my own buisness and try ignore my frustrations.

Driver: Walter Hagen T3 Square
3 wood: Walter Hagen T3
Hybrids: Walter Hagen T3
Irons: Walter Hagen T3
Putter: Walter Hagen MalletChipper: EZ RollShoes: GreenJoyGlove: ReactBall: E5+ or HX Hot Bite16 years old

I never understood why people - particularly kids - feel the need to add that. Either the the thought literally goes through their head and they have to actually restrain themselves from hitting someone over something as stupid as hitting putts to an occupied hole, or they're just trying to sound tough or macho or something.

nevermind, agreed. golf began as a gentleman's game and i think should remain as such :)

You have a point, i added that comment just to show my frustrations. I just hate how older guys never take young guys serious at my local course. But i guess it's like you said, comments like mine are what earn us this disrespect. In the future i will go about my own buisness and try ignore my frustrations.

Old guys take you seriously if you hit better than them. :)

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

If its crowded..I just avoid it.

I practice chips in my yard at home, and putt around on carpet..I'm usually too anxious to just get on the real course

• 12 years later...

Yesterday, there was only 1 guy with a tube of balls hitting to the only three holes. Once he went around to pick up his balls, I went to one of the open holes and started to chip. After about 3 chips, his balls started hitting around my hole. I assumed he just over it them but they kept coming. So I asked him if he was hitting at the same hole and he said yeah, bc he liked that one. I said it’s not proper. He got angry at me and left. He was 150lbs bigger than me….there are just a lot of Richards out there!