IGNORED

Long Golf Weekend Advice

Jeepthrills
Note: This thread is 6483 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I leave Thursday night for three days of golf in Northern Michigan. We are playing 36 Friday, 36 Saturday and 18 Sunday at Boyne Highlands resort. We may also try to play Threetops at the Treetops resort on Sunday afternoon. This will be between 90 and 99 holes in three days.

Here is a link to the courses:

http://www.boyne.com/golf/courses_hi.asp#

I have never played this much golf in such a short span. I have been on vacations where we played 18 every day for 10 days and occasionally went back for an evening 9, but never 36 in a day. More so, we will be playing 18 in the morning, eating lunch and then playing 18 more right away.

I run two health clubs, so I am reasonably fit, but this is a different type of endurance. Any tips on how to not only survive, but thrive? What should I do? Bring? Etc.?
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Administrator
Not a complete answer (I'm grilling and have to get back!), but I will say it's important to keep one thing in mind: don't look forward to the next 18 or the next day while you're playing one of your rounds. Enjoy every moment. When you start to say "ahhh, this afternoon will be GREAT!" you miss out on the fun you're having right then.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I recently did 90 in 3 days down in Myrtle Beach. I was tired, but believe it or not, unless you're really out of shape, it's not that bad.

My only advice would be to make sure you don't overeat at lunchtime. If you do, you'll go out and be sluggish for the afternoon 18 and that's never any fun.

Have a great time, those courses look amazing. I don't know how far you are away from it, but Arcadia Bluffs is on my Top 10 courses to play soon so I'm dying to get out there. www.arcadiabluffs.com

In My Bag:
Driver: Titleist 983K 9.5°, Harmon HTD CB-65R
3-Wood: Mizuno MP-001, 13°, Harrison Striper Titanium
Hybrid 1: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 16°
Hybrid 2: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 19°Irons: Ping S59 Tour 4-PWWedges: Mizuno Black Nickel 51.06 / Cleveland Black Pearl 58.08Putter:...

well I take it you will be in carts? ........ lots of water, energy bars and stay away from sugarai...I mean gatorade

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Have a great time, those courses look amazing. I don't know how far you are away from it, but Arcadia Bluffs is on my Top 10 courses to play soon so I'm dying to get out there.

Arcadia Bluffs is less than an hour from where I will be, and only about three hours from my home. I won't be able to get there this trip, but it is on my short list for this year or next. The other one I want to play, but we couldn't work into this package was Bay Harbor. It is owned by the resort where we are staying, but the times didn't match up.
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Funny you asked.. I played 25 holes today (yes 2 short of 3 rounds at my local 9 hole course), but I was spent! I was all over the course. I cant say that its all from golf. I've been working construction all summer which has interferred with my muscles... I used to be able to play all day with no troubles... I guess what i would say is not to over-swing shots, dont over-eat (as mentioned), and be concious about how much sun you're getting.. (maybe wear a hat!?) Have fun!

Titleist 983K 8.5* Prolite V2 stiff
Callaway Hawk VFT 3 Stiff
Taylor Made 16 & 21* Raylors
TM oversised irons 3-sw Rifle stl shafts
Titleist Vokey spin milled 60*Titleist Vokey 52* Tour

I leave Thursday night for three days of golf in Northern Michigan. We are playing 36 Friday, 36 Saturday and 18 Sunday at Boyne Highlands resort. We may also try to play Threetops at the Treetops resort on Sunday afternoon.

.... Your going to love it .....

We played Bay Harbor last year and had a chance to play Treetops (my buddy Freddy Couples just won some big $$ there) Preserve and the Quarry .. wonderful courses, expensive, but very very nice and a hard play .... I bet the Quarry will remind you of Tobacco Road, it's almost the same architecture .... stay off the 12 packs, bring a few extra balls and you'll find it money well spent - plus you'll remember the trip .... enjoy.!
Whats in the bag.?

Driver: Tour Edge 10* Jmax 460 Carbon with the Fuji Vista Pro 50 shaft/and, the Burrows 10.5* MAC 421cc with the Grafalloy Pro Launch 55 shaft.
Woods: only one left after switching to hybrids - Adams ST #7 22*.
Hybrids: Tour Edge 20*, 24*, 30*, 36*, 41* and the 50* Attack Wedge...

All right. I made it back. I am a little sore but not nearly as bad as I thought I would be. I am mentally, physically and emotionally drained but I had a great time. We ended up playing 33 on Friday because it was slow and it was getting a little dark. That and we were spraying balls and a little buzzed by that point. We played 36 Saturday and 18 Sunday for a total of 87 holes in thre days.

Overall it was a lot of fun. It gets tough when every shot matters. Between skins, scrambles, greenies and other games you can really get fried mentally. The courses were awesome. The Arthur Hills was the best, but the Donald Ross Memorial was pretty cool. It is replicas of 18 of his best holes. The course we played on Sunday is called the Heathers and it will be hosting a US Amateur qualifier on Thursday. It was also the site of the Michigan Amateur three weeks ago. Very tough.

I can't wait to do it again next year.

Note: This thread is 6483 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!