IGNORED

Howdy from Texas

rembrandt
Note: This thread is 6486 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My first post and checking it out.
I live in Palestine, Tx, work at Meadowbrrok Country Club and love it. I have been an avid golfer for 50 years. I also do art work, cowboy re-enactments (rob the train at the Texas State RR and the stage in Jackson Hole, Wy.) I am on archery talk and love my bows. I also do leather work and make knives out of antlers. My leather work includes gun rigs, chaps, quivers and knife scabbords. Thanks for listening to all this.

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

Welcome Rembrandt.. glad to have you.. I lived in Texas (Dallas) for 12 years. My company furnished me a membership at Brookhaven CC the whole time I was there, but I didn't play golf until years after I had moved... Too bad I didn't pick the game up earlier in life. I only have a limited time to be totally frustrated now... LOL

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

That is a shame cause it is a great game, none like it. My son played on the Nike Tour for several years and still is a scratch golfer. I had hip replacement back last Nov. and I'm still struggling to get over it. I played twice this week and I'm having some aches and pains that aren't any fun. I want to resume my golf really bad and I may be pushing it some. I'm playing right around 85 right now and I felt I was coming around, now this pain thing has set in with the right hip. I want to play again like I once did but I'm not sure I ever will again. Just got a new set of Callaway irons w/ graphite shafts that I love.

3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

I tried out graphite shafts about a year ago. I bought a set of used Wilson Fat Shafts just to try out the graphite shafts. I hit em long, but I never learned how to control direction with them. They seemed to wander all over the place. I went back to stiff steel and am now playing around with 2 sets of stiff steel blades.

I feel your pain about the aches and pains thing... Literally. I have reached the age where I wake up every morning barely able to get my feet on the floor and I cannot make a tight fist because of arthritis in both hands and feet. Good luck with the hip replacement. I have heard great things about the end result, but the recovery period is tough. I hope yours is shorter and easier.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

I have the darn itus in my fingers also and I hate it. Getting old is a pain in the rear. I love the graphite cause it takes away the shock when hitting down into the iron shots. My scores dropped by 5 when I bought the Callaways. I've been trying to move into a firm left side and keep my left arm as straight as possible like in the old days but my bod says "I don't want to do that". Anyway, I'm gonna hang in there and try to slowly get my game back to where it once was. I would be happy for now with a 10 handicap.

I'd be happy if I could play to my handicap. Seems like no matter how poorly I play, by the time the handicap index is recalculated, I have had a few good rounds posted and they keep it down there.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

I'm hitting the ball fairly well considering I had the hip replacement 8 months ago. I play right at 85 now and I love just being out there. I thought back in the 90s that my golfing days were over but here I am hitting it again and loving it.

Thanks to the above for the kind words. I do feel welcome here!

Note: This thread is 6486 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!