IGNORED

Favre to unretire. Again.

pxc
Note: This thread is 5352 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As for bitter Packers fans, try not to forget that initially Favre wanted to keep playing in Green Bay. They decided that they were going in a new direction with Aaron Rogers (who is a hell of a quarterback by the way)...so who are you to say when Favre should have to hang it up???

A lot has happened since then so I could be wrong, but as I remember it Favre had a tearful press conference after the Packer's 13-3 season where he decided he would retire. GB said goodbye and regretfully moved on to Aaron Rogers, who as you said is a good QB. Then Favre changed his mind and wanted to play again. Here's what I don't recall perfectly - either GB said you can stay and be the backup, or you can stay and compete with Rogers to be the starter.

At one point GB offered him some ridiculous amount of money, as in millions of dollars, to just retire. He refused and the bad blood stuff started. Coming back and then playing for the Jets was one thing. Sure the whole situation was handled poorly with GB (probably on both sides) but he went to play outside the NFC. Coming back AGAIN, after saying he's going to retire AGAIN, to play for GB's bitter rival is on another level. At one point the fiasco might've been half Favre's fault, half GB's, but now Favre is just making himself look like a tool.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

As for bitter Packers fans, try not to forget that initially Favre wanted to keep playing in Green Bay. They decided that they were going in a new direction with Aaron Rogers (who is a hell of a quarterback by the way)...so who are you to say when Favre should have to hang it up???

Sorry, not true. Favre could have continued playing as long as he liked. His position was available to him. He decided to retire. The Packers and the fans were fine with that......#4 retirement ceremony planned, the whole nine yards. Then, after the team had moved on and redesigned their offense around Aaron Rodgers, Favre changes his mind, yet again. The team even offerred him a front office spot at full playing salary. He decided to go to NY instead. That's the issue. No loyalty. He's a bum. You're welcome to him......he'll fit right in!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm not trying to defend the flip flopping but the bottom line is that when Favre decided that he wanted to come back, Green Bay said that they were going with Rogers. Which is fine. Moral of the story, Green Bay was where he attempted to come back to prior to going to the Jets...right?

In the Syncro...

Diablo 9.5* S
Diablo 15* S 3 Wood
Diablo 21* S Hybrid X-22 5-PW X-forged vintage 52*, 56*MD, 60*MD / CG White Hot XG 330 (currently the #1) B330-S and TP Red

I'm not trying to defend the flip flopping but the bottom line is that when Favre decided that he wanted to come back, Green Bay said that they were going with Rogers. Which is fine. Moral of the story, Green Bay was where he attempted to come back to prior to going to the Jets...right?

That's all true. I don't think anyone has a problem with him wanting to play for the Jets. I think people (myself have a problem) with all the press announcements that he is, then isn't, then is, then maybe isn't but probably is, then is, and then finally (for now) isn't retiring. And that he is specifically playing for the Vikings to get back at the Packers for daring to not take him back with open arms.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

That's all true. I don't think anyone has a problem with him wanting to play for the Jets. I think people (myself have a problem) with all the press announcements that he is, then isn't, then is, then maybe isn't but probably is, then is, and then finally (for now) isn't retiring. And that he is specifically playing for the Vikings to get back at the Packers for daring to not take him back with open arms.

I agree that it's old...my point is, who are we to tell him when he has to hang 'em up. As long as players in any sport can un-retire, it's going to happen. Favre isn't the first guy to do it...probably won't be the last. It seems cut and dry to the fan...but we're not getting paid (extremely well) to do something that we love and are expected to give up at a reasonably young age.

As for the "getting back at the Packers"...I can't say for sure how much motivation there is to do that. Last year Chicago and Detroit had openings at qb...I didn't hear anything about Favre wanting to go to either of those places. I can, however, say for sure that Adrian Peterson had something to do with Favre wanting to go to Minnesota. Along with the familiarity with the offense and playing in a dome.

In the Syncro...

Diablo 9.5* S
Diablo 15* S 3 Wood
Diablo 21* S Hybrid X-22 5-PW X-forged vintage 52*, 56*MD, 60*MD / CG White Hot XG 330 (currently the #1) B330-S and TP Red

Favre's a bum. He's in the perfect situation. You know, the team where WR's run over people, the team gets on the Love Boat, the team that blows 4 Super Bowls, the team that plays in a third rate dome that is disgraceful to watch professional football in, the "wizzinator" guy and other classless things.

The Vikings are a classless organization. Brett Favre is a classless individual. It's a perfect match. I hope they both rot.

Favre's a bum. He's in the perfect situation. You know, the team where WR's run over people, the team gets on the Love Boat, the team that blows 4 Super Bowls, the team that plays in a third rate dome that is disgraceful to watch professional football in, the "wizzinator" guy and other classless things.

Hmmm....I sort of remember Koren Robinson signing with Green Bay post DUI. Odd. Green Bay drafted Tony Mandarich...it must have been shocking to find out that he was on the juice!!! Devastating blow to the franchise. Favre had his issues in Green Bay. Every team in the NFL has players with issues...they're human beings.

I live in Ohio and always had a hard time figuring out if Browns or Steelers fans were more delusional...guess I over looked the Packers faithful. By the way, that classless franchise happens to be defending NFC North champs...that must sting, huh?

In the Syncro...

Diablo 9.5* S
Diablo 15* S 3 Wood

No matter how well they do this year, all the talk will be about him. I hope they don't make it to the playoffs because god only knows what the media will talk about.

In my bag:
Driver: Sumo SQ 9.5* (SQ DyMo 9.5*...coming soon)
3W: Deep Red 15* (SQ DyMo 15*...coming soon)
Irons 3-P: AP2
Wedges : 52*, 56*, 60* SV TourFlat Stick: White Hot XG #1/ g5i Craz-e (...leaving soon)Ball: Z-URC

Last year Chicago and Detroit had openings at qb...I didn't hear anything about Favre wanting to go to either of those places.

The Packers wouldn't trade his rights to an NFC North team and for good reason. They put a poison pill in whoever wanted to deal for him that would prevent them from trading him to an NFC North team. Basically, it became a non-issue and impossible. Chicago radio went on about how they'd like him.

I don't have an issue with Favre accepting an offer to make 10 million dollars to play football. I do have issue with how he went about it and I think that's the problem most people had. He hung the Vikings out and didn't want to practice with the team and stay at a dorm. He really screwed with the future of a couple other players. Sage Rosefels probably wouldn't have come to the Vikings if he knew he had no chance of playing. His career potentially took a big dump because of Favre's manipulating of the team. It's a disgusting and selfish thing motivated by his insane ego. He was terrible last year and I'm sure he'll stink again. I can't blame him for making money. I can blame him for going about it like he did. I've actually gotten to a point now where I'm sort of getting anxious to watch the drama on the year unfold. Packers/Vikings games will be better and more hateful than ever. And yes, it burns the Vikings had a good season last year. IT always burns when those losers do OK. That's why sports are fun.

It probably does suck to be Sage Rosenfels. I'm sure it stings to see someone else handed the job buuuut...he was traded from Houston to Minnesota, not signed as a FA. He didn't really have much say in that. He can also look at how long he would have been a backup in Houston behind Matt Schaub. Potentially alot longer than for the 2009-2010 season. I'm also a firm believer that if you've been an NFL backup for 8 years....your probably just an NFL backup. Not to mention that he actually had more time to seperate himself from Tarvaris and apparently couldn't win over the majority of the staff/players. As a fan, I want Favre behind center...as a human, Childress handles the situation poorly.

As far as Favre playing poorly last year...most people attribute that to Mangini completely abandoning the run down the stretch, coupled with Favre's bicep. Could be excuses but seems reasonable to me. If Favre throws 19-23 times a game, completes about the same percentage (66%) and can keep the picks to a minimum (for Brett Favre)...I think they'll be really really good.

In the Syncro...

Diablo 9.5* S
Diablo 15* S 3 Wood

I agree that it's old...my point is, who are we to tell him when he has to hang 'em up. As long as players in any sport can un-retire, it's going to happen. Favre isn't the first guy to do it...probably won't be the last. It seems cut and dry to the fan...but we're not getting paid (extremely well) to do something that we love and are expected to give up at a reasonably young age.

I don't mind him making lots of money. I don't care if he plays til he's 50. I just don't want him to jump up and down demanding the nations attention all the time whenever he makes or doesn't make a decision. It's partly ESPN's fault, but the media doesn't hold a gun to his head and force him to hold press conferences, cry on TV, etc.

Someone already covered your 2nd paragraph, there's no way he could've played last year for anyone in the same division.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°

• 2 weeks later...
I was at one time a big Favre fan. No more!! He's starting to remind be of Boxers who retire and unretire with the change of the wind. All I can say is he needs to go back to Mississippi and hide. He's hurt his legacy badly with his flip floping about retirement and how he's handled the whole issue.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Sigh* we'll see how long he will last.
In my Warbird Hot Stand Bag:

Driver: R9 420cc 9.5° stiff
3 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #3 Stiff
5 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #5 Stiff3 Hybrid: Burner 08 Rescue #3 StiffIrons: MX-25 4-G Project X 5.5SW: CG12 STD bounce 56° Black PearlLW: CG12 STD bounce 60° Black PearlPutter: California...

Bashed Favre in an earlier post, but he did look good in last nights game. To soon to tell, but maybe he will have a good year with the Vikes.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

he is running the same offense that he has run for 17 years in green bay not to mention he has his Off. Coordinator Darrell Bevell which he had while in green bay so to be out there with the vikes running the offense to him is like waking up in the morning and tying his shoes. all he is working on now is his timing with his Running backs & receivers and getting the feel of everybody around on him on the field!!!

he looked pretty good last night, well except for that Dumba** crackback block he laid down. not sure what childress and his off coordinator where thinking running that play. it was badly designed and poorly executed, they need to tear that play out of the playbook and burn it. stick to what brett does best. handing off or gun slinging. none of this wildcat trickery crap with him. did they really think a 39 year old was going to do anything except be a pylon split out there..... can you imagine the uproar if on that play he got injured for several weeks or worse out for the season/??? if they want to run some wildcat then use TJ with Percy but for god sakes dont let TJ throw the ball.... :)

it will be interesting to see how this all play's out. as a viking fan i can only hope that they go all the way!

In my Bag:
Burner 460 Driver 10.5deg stiff
Burner #3 Fairway Wood 15 deg stiff
MP-68 Irons with Project X 5.5 Shafts & Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound Grips
Spin Milled 52.08, 56.11, 60.07 Wedges White Hot XG 2-Ball SRT Putter

Note: This thread is 5352 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!