IGNORED

Anyone else HATE trying and buying new balls?

Note: This thread is 5344 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm just glad my wife isn't interested in trying any new balls.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

I'm just glad my wife isn't interested in trying any new balls.

Freaking hilarious! Nice.

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

I hate when I have to buy balls

Yeah, it used to torment me, and then I made a command decision not to care about what ball I'm gaming until I'm at scratch. I like my Nike One Blacks, but now I buy them off lost golf ball sites, and the last year or so have been finding more balls than I lose on the course, so my current bag is a wierd mix of Nikes of all denominations,Titleists, Callaways, Maxfls, Dunlop Locos, Snakes Eyes, and off-label logo misfits. At one course I play there's a homeless guy sitting on a blanket selling little bags of balls $5 for 5 balls, and last week these two little girls were selling lemonade at the 17th tee and balls for $1 each -- Pro V1s, even.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

I think it's all in my head....actually, I know it is
but isnt this game all about controllig what's between your ears?

If i am using a "no name ball" and I shoot a terrible round, I'll blame the ball when it's clearly something else...I know stupid

Picking a new ball just irritates me to no end
Golf Town has a sale on Pro V1 PRACTICE balls right now, $30/doz
maybe try those out one day..........or go back to my Nike One Platinum's s they r the same price - but I do notice a significant difference w them off the T (shorter and more driver spin)

these gamers have a tonne of spin, seriuosly like a Pro V - if they only could make them more durable
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Playing off a 4 hcp you don't lose too many balls. I prob get 10 rounds out of a dozen balls and I bet you do too. At $45 a dozen, playing Pro V's only adds $1.50 to each round when compared to playing some other ball at $30 a dozen. Don't sweat the small stuff. Play the ball that's best for your game.

Needless to say, I'd advise the opposite to the high handicapper who goes through golf balls like potato chips.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Playing off a 4 hcp you don't lose too many balls. I prob get 10 rounds out of a dozen balls and I bet you do too. At $45 a dozen, playing Pro V's only adds $1.50 to each round when compared to playing some other ball at $30 a dozen. Don't sweat the small stuff. Play the ball that's best for your game.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Playing regularly again after a few years off. Started playing in 1999.
Whats in the bag?
Driver: R7 425 9.5*, Reax 65 shaft
3 Wood: V Steel 13* tour-spoon, M.A.S.^2 shaft
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19*, Dynamic Gold shaft Irons: DCI 762 (4-PW), Dynamic Gold shaftsWedges: Watson VI, 52.08, 56.14,...

Yep, I now see this and agree w you 100% I played another 18 today and went through another 3 balls (wedges ate em up) w one lost - 4 balls I sold the last sleeve and a half to my buddy drove to Golf Town and bought a box of Pro V1's I have been trying to find another ball comparible just can't find one Can\t wait to game the Pro V again this week!
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Yep, I now see this and agree w you 100%

you give in too easy...

I agree in a sense... I usually don't loose a lot of balls, but it is entirely within the realm of possibility for me to loose 2-3 balls in a round... that's $6-10... and it pissed me off watching $3.50 hooking OB into a the deep dark forrest.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

You can always get what I've been using.

i use the nitro blaster to (because i have the budget of a 14 year old) i tried the blasters out this weekend and they were better than the other ball i used to use which is the intech limbo also cheap. My dad uses top flites though

DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

i use the nitro blaster to (because i have the budget of a 14 year old) i tried the blasters out this weekend and they were better than the other ball i used to use which is the intech limbo also cheap. My dad uses top flites though

Looks like we use some of the same clubs too. :) Can't bea the clubs or balls for the price when you're a beginner. I actually play well with the Nitro Blasters. Dunno if a better ball would improve my game bu I'm not at the point where I need to be worrying about that yet. Everytime I lose a $0.34 ball I just shrug it off and take my drop.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW
Zebra 60* SW G-Force Putter

Note: This thread is 5344 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!