IGNORED

Anyone see the '96 US Am on TGC Tuesday night?

FAHooGolfs
Note: This thread is 6468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was watching a bit of Tiger's 3rd straight US Am title and about fell out of my chair laughing at the following incident. On one of the holes, a 134 yard par 3, Tiger hit what Johnny Miller described as a "comfortable wedge" to about 20 feet beyond the hole and spun it back to about 6 feet. Johnny then remarked that that was part of what made Tiger so good... that he could hit a pitching wedge 140 yards while most "touring professionals" average about 120-125 with their wedge.

Now, I only really started playing golf in 99, but I started laughing because I think about how many tour players you see now pull wedge out of their bag anytime they're around 135 yards.

We all realize how technology has changed the game, but its still a little bit of a shock to the system when you get a perfect example of exactly how much.
In My Bag:
Driver: Titleist 983K 9.5°, Harmon HTD CB-65R
3-Wood: Mizuno MP-001, 13°, Harrison Striper Titanium
Hybrid 1: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 16°
Hybrid 2: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 19°Irons: Ping S59 Tour 4-PWWedges: Mizuno Black Nickel 51.06 / Cleveland Black Pearl 58.08Putter:...

I watched a little of the end of the show.

I loved when Johnny says on the first playoff hole "He can't quite clear that second bunker."

Tiger airmails it 35 yards on the fly.

Pfft.

Note: This thread is 6468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!