IGNORED

Most Forgiving Driver in your opinion!!

Note: This thread is 3498 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have always found Cobra's to be very forgiving. I have tried several other drivers in the past and I keep coming back to Cobra. I can hit it off the toe and it still goes 210 - 220.

I spent a few weeks time hitting many drivers at the driving range, trying to find one that was most forgiving for my hitting/swing habits.

In the end it came down to 2 drivers:
*Cleveland Monster Hibore XLS
*Bobby Jones Player Series

I chose the Monster Hibore XLS, 10.5 with Reg Flex, 50 gr Fujikura graphite shaft ($199). And I love it (despite its loud noise upon contact).

R9 460 ......POW

••••ing catalina wine mixer

Forget your opponents; always play against par. ~Sam Snead

Sumo2 5900 9.5, ProForce V2 stiff
Diablo 3w
Baffler TWS 3h MP57 4-pw VR wedge 52.10, 56.14 TPz 60.06 Studio Style Newport 2 SG5ProV1x

I didn't like the R9 because it felt a little on the heavier side and I felt like I was going with the driver. I couldn't use my normal driver swing with the club or any others on the heavier side. With my Burner, I can keep up my swing speed and hold a reverse C at the finish for a few seconds.

My interpretation of light vs. heavy is that a heavier club will help refine your overall swing. It will slow it down enough that it's in control. You may lose some distance, but you'll hit more fairways.
I didn't look too deep into shafts, kickpoints, midkick, lowkick, dropkick stuff, because I didn't want to be still shopping for a driver. Also, the TM product line requires a spreasheet to understand how many clubs and combinations they sell. I settled on the driver within 2 hours of trying a few drivers. If there are any faults I blame my swing.
If the R9 works for you, go for it.

'09 Burner (UST ProForce V2 77g - S)
4dx 15.5 hybrid (UST V2 - Stiff)
'99 Apex Plus 3-EW (Stiff)
TM rac 50/6 GW
Arnold Palmer The Standard SW (20-30 years old)'99 Dual Rossie Blade

• 4 years later...

Everyone is different but I would say the G15. Not as long as some. I have a couple low handicap friends who also swear by Ping G15. I use the stock stiff shaft, but shaft flex is very important.

Note: This thread is 3498 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!