IGNORED

Liability

tpar89
Note: This thread is 5322 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Call me an idiot all you want if that makes you feel big and strong behind your computer screen. However, my conscience wouldnt let me sleep at night if I cracked a little girls head open with a shank... but that's just me. I'd at least get her a get better cake or something, or refer her to a free consult with a buddy of mine. I don't know why most of you lack any sense of common decency... it doesn't matter that she came to sue, her reaction doesn't have to dictate what yours is.

As someone who has graduated law school, I can conclusively say you are an idiot. Have you completely missed the point or are you simply the most naive person on earth? If he was to pay or help, after a demand for money has been made, it could be seen as evidence supporting an admission of guilt in a civil suit.

Yikes. I wouldn't be so quick to start calling people idiots. I have a hard time believing you went to law school. If you did, you'd probably know that under FRE 408 and 409, any evidence of a payment to settle a claim or for medical expenses is

inadmissible . You'd also know that most states model their rules of evidence on the federal rules, i.e., it's not getting in.

Call me an idiot all you want if that makes you feel big and strong behind your computer screen. However, my conscience wouldnt let me sleep at night if I cracked a little girls head open with a shank... but that's just me. I'd at least get her a get better cake or something, or refer her to a free consult with a buddy of mine. I don't know why most of you lack any sense of common decency... it doesn't matter that she came to sue, her reaction doesn't have to dictate what yours is.

I wouldnt call you an idiot for your attitude towards this matter, but what i can read out of the posts on this thread is, people are just very careful not getting themselfs in any situation, that could admit any wrongdoing against this girl. Because once you admit to it - you can get into a lot of trouble with your legal system, and what i read from time to time about your legal system, it can easily ruin you, your life and that of your family because you run the risk of getting sued til you not even own a shirt anymore...

And lets face - golf is NOT a safe sport, and everybody who plays it, runs the risk to hit or get hit by a golfball/golfclub and could seriously injure or kill somebody - even if you check and doublecheck every shot you take. If such an accident would give YOU a hard time to live with in the future because of your conscience you might want to reconsider if thats the right sport for you.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Yikes. I wouldn't be so quick to start calling people idiots. I have a hard time believing you went to law school. If you did, you'd probably know that under FRE 408 and 409, any evidence of a payment to settle a claim or for medical expenses is

As I'm sure you know... it varies by state, and yes the federal rules make that provision... BUT, under the common law, some states would admit any statement made by him as he was paying money or offering a settlement... it isn't a situation I would want to play around with for the sake of being a humanitarian.

The main reason I thought it was idiotic to say what he said... is why go out of your way to help someone when they are being completely unreasonable, and might sue you. Any good attorney would advise against ANY payment whatever... if you think otherwise you are off base on this one.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

He's probably young and inexperienced... especially with the 'conclusively' bit. I guess being a lawyer, or studying to be a lawyer can kind of skew the perspective of day to day life.

In my life, I can humbly and gratefully say I have been successful, and at a relatively young age... and throughout the life experiences that led me to that success, it was common sense and decency that predominantly mattered. I guess that being cutthroat like most of the people on this board is another way of doing it... not mine, but best of luck with it anyhow.

These kind of situations make me so grateful that we have free healthcare in the UK.
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

These kind of situations make me so grateful that we have free healthcare in the UK.

Amen to that. People are probably less of an ••••••• to each other as a result.

Nothing is free - I am a Canadian and we have "free health care" but we pay for it in our taxes (much higher than the US) In my income bracket I would be better off with US taxes no free health care and paying health insurance, but of course the low income guy gets screwed in this model.

Of course in Canada goverment involvement in healthcare has kept cost down compared to the US, and though our system has many flaws I prefer it to the US system.
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

Nothing is free - I am a Canadian and we have "free health care" but we pay for it in our taxes (much higher than the US) In my income bracket I would be better off with US taxes no free health care and paying health insurance, but of course the low income guy gets screwed in this model.

so even as a canadian you are on board with the people on this thread who sound like they would rather watch her bleed out than feel responsible for cracking the kid's head open?

so even as a canadian you are on board with the people on this thread who sound like they would rather watch her bleed out than feel responsible for cracking the kid's head open?

Umm, wow. Are you actually reading the posts or just making crap up to respond to? I guess that's a lot easier than actually trying to put together an argument.

Not feeling financial responsibility for someone else's misfortune does not equate to lack of sympathy. It by no means implies that you would not provide help on the course to make sure they're taken care of. Hell, it doesn't even mean that you don't send a get-well card. It simply means that you expect someone who enters a playing field to understand that their choice entails some risk and to take responsibility for the outcome of that choice. Can't wait to see what fun you have with the get-well card bit...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Just so everyone knows. After this happened I immediately ran over to her to make sure she was okay. I gave her my shirt to stop the bleeding and called 911. I drove her up to the clubhouse and waited the entire time the medics were there to make sure she would be fine. I believe I did as much as I could do, with what I had at the time, to make her as "comfortable" as I could.

So, if by not paying $5,000 for her expenses makes me inhumane then I must be inhumane. I've already said that I do feel terrible about this happening to her and I'm glad she's okay. My question was if I would be held responsible if I accidentally hit her and she was on a course that has signs that say "No Trespassing" and "Golfers Only".

Nobody's problem on here is with the girl. Obviously they don't want her to bleed out. I feel terrible for what happened and I tried to be compassionate. I believe they have a problem with someone walking onto a golf course, getting hit with a ball, and expecting the person that accidentally hit them to pay for all of their bills. (Please don't take this as a rude reply. I'm just trying to put it in a different perspective)

Just so everyone knows. After this happened I immediately ran over to her to make sure she was okay. I gave her my shirt to stop the bleeding and called 911. I drove her up to the clubhouse and waited the entire time the medics were there to make sure she would be fine. I believe I did as much as I could do, with what I had at the time, to make her as "comfortable" as I could.

I didn't mean you in particular, you seem like a nice enough guy. I meant some of the people that responded to your post... and I didn't mean for it to be taken literally, only to illustrate what the overall tone of the responses sounded like.

Note: This thread is 5322 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!