IGNORED

Recommend a Push Cart

Note: This thread is 5307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm looking at buying a push cart. Looks like pull carts are little less expensive but I assume it's easier to use a push cart.

Anything to look for? What attributes should it have?

I'm looking for a fairly inexpensive one.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

I got the Arnold Palmer one from costco for about $60CAD and I'm pretty happy with it.

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

I got the Arnold Palmer one from costco for about $60CAD and I'm pretty happy with it.

That's a good idea all though they're probably out of season right now. I'll check.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

The clicgear 2.0 has been one of the greatest pieces of gear I own for any hobby.

You can see the videos of them in action on their website as well as on youtube.com.

Gook luck.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Is the fourth wheel a good idea?

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

I don't know.

I can assure you that the clicgear2.0 is a very stable and sturdy cart that rolls with extreme ease.

It is a substantial piece of equipment, very well made and a breeze to deploy.

I thouroughly enjoy mine.
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I have heard that the four wheel Clicgear doesn't move through thick grass or terrain as well as three wheelers. Know of one golfer who got rid of his after less than month. I would stay away from the four wheel cart. I don't see benefit. I have Sunmountain with air tires and love it. Pushes well and very stable.

• Administrator
I have heard that the four wheel Clicgear doesn't move through thick grass or terrain as well as three wheelers. Know of one golfer who got rid of his after less than month. I would stay away from the four wheel cart. I don't see benefit. I have Sunmountain with air tires and love it. Pushes well and very stable.

Four wheel carts are more stable and I haven't had a problem pushing mine. I wrote the review of the Sun Mountain.

It's also a lot lighter than the Clicgear.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I second the clicgear 2.0 recommendation - its not cheap (200 bucks) but its worth every penny. I have the three wheel one - dont know how much better the four wheel is but as far as stability it never comes close to falling over so i dont think a fourth wheel is really necessary. I had a cheap pull cart that drove me crazy since the bag would slip out and the cart would fall over on inclines - didn't have to worry about any of that once i got the clicgear. It also folds up very small considering how big it is while open.

Driver: '09 Burner
3Wood: Burner
Hybrids: 3 hybrid and Austads Pickle 26 degree
Irons: Rac os2 PW-4
Wedges: Vokey 48, 52 and 56 degreePutter: RossaBag: Sasquatch TourPushcart: 2.0Ball: Prov1 GPS: freecaddie software running on cellphone

Whichever model you consider....don't scrimp.

Cheap carts will aggravate you to no end. You'll be glad you shelled out the extra bucks for the high quality and ease of use.

I have a Sun Mountain cart that is about 4 years old and has been used very little. My home course has such long distances between the holes that it makes walking impossible. I recommend the Sun Mountain Push Carts though. Inflatable rubber tires make them extremely easy to push. They are also well made, sturdy and fold to fit in your trunk.
Mike

Big Bertha Diablo 1w
Big Bertha Diablo 3w
Big Bertha Diablo 5w
Big Bertha Diablo 3h
Big Bertha Diablo 4hCallaway X22 5 IronCallaway X22 6 IronCallaway X22 7 IronCallaway X22 8 IronCallaway X22 9 IronPelz PW 49Pelz SW 56 Pelz L 60Ball: Bridgestone B330 RX TourPutter: Ping Anser V2My...

I have a Sun Mountain cart that is about 4 years old and has been used very little. My home course has such long distances between the holes that it makes walking impossible. I recommend the Sun Mountain Push Carts though. Inflatable rubber tires make them extremely easy to push. They are also well made, sturdy and fold to fit in your trunk.

pretty sure the new sun mountains use foam tires as is industry standard now... air tires require more maintenance and don't really have any benefits. Sometimes the air tires are OK, but some people have complained about leaks, personally I would avoid them.

I think the Sun Mountain Micro or Speed Cart, the Bag Boy Automatic, Mini GT or Express, and Clicgear 2.0 are ALL really nice carts. All would work fine, and some do a few things that the next might not, but it's really all just personal preference. I have 4 yr old Bag Boy 180 and love it, but would like it to fold smaller... if I were to buy one today it would be the Clicgear 2.0, unless I found a great deal on something else.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Are there any carts that you leave the bag on when you put it in the car?

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

I went with the Sun Mountain Speed cart. My home club does not allow push carts and I am using my cart and trying to change the rule. I feared that the Clicgear was too gaudy looking and might make it harder to succeed.

Are there any carts that you leave the bag on when you put it in the car?

bagboy used to have a model that advertised this if i remember right........ i think it was like something "express".... not sure.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

I will post my vote for this. It has saved me over $200 this season. It has everything I need and I love how it folds up nice and small to fit in my trunk. The reviews say it's hard to unfold and fold, but once you do it a few times, it takes seconds.

I look at 10-20 of these and decided on this one because of the reviews, the fact that a few other people bought one while I was in the store, and it had much better fit and finish than the other carts on the market.

[/QUOTE]

Taylor Made Burner driver and 3 wood
Taylor Made 3 hybrid
Taylor Made R7 irons 4-AW
Cleveland rusty 56 and 60 wedges
Odyssey White Steel 2-ball putterTitleist DT Roll

Come on, guys. The OP asked for "not too expensive." Yet everyone is recommending the $200 Clicgear. I'm sure it's nice, but not everyone wants to put $200 into a cart.

Does anyone use a cart for less than $100?

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

• Administrator
Come on, guys. The OP asked for "not too expensive." Yet everyone is recommending the $200 Clicgear. I'm sure it's nice, but not everyone wants to put $200 into a cart.

Simple: $200 is "not too expensive" for most golfers. Putters and drivers cost more. Two wedges cost more. You get what you pay for: spend < $100 and you'll likely spend the $200 to get a good cart not long after, and then you'll have spent $300 instead of just $200.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!