IGNORED

Thoughts on Ping M/B wedges?

Note: This thread is 3907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Depending on how much you paid for them, it could be a really good deal. They're good clubs, but I don't think that they're "elite." Coming from a PING fan, I don't think PING wedges are in the same class as Vokeys or X-Forged. But, like I said, they're good clubs and if you got a good deal, it could be a great purchase.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

Any body have any comments on these?

I played Ping MB's for about 2 years (56* and 60*). The distance with them is great, with great feel... Some people dont like the looks (didnt bother me much). Spin is somewhat difficult to achieve with these wedges. I sold them a month ago and got Cleveland 588's (more of a budget purchase). I prob would have went with Vokey's if I could afford new ones

G10 (VS Proto 65 X) or 905S (speeder X) / X Tour 3W (VS Proto S) / Adams Idea Tour Proto 18* (VS Proto S) / S59 Tour, Z-Z65 Cushin (D2) / Mizuno MP-T 51-06 , 56-10, / Miz TP Mills #6 ~or~ Cleveland BRZ #5

You'll be happy, I've got them in my back up set. Played them for years, I think they are the best Ping wedge, although the i-wedges are only a hair behind. I'm using the tour-w now becase I got a used set that came with them and I'll give them a shot. Good luck and happy pin hunting... jmoc

"Courage is fear holding on one minute longer." Gen. Geo. S. Patton, 5 June 1944

Grom Desert Camo
Dymo HL Driver and 5 Wood
GC Hybrids 3-5 i15 irons 6-pw Tour-W 50*, 54* and 58* wedges White Hot XG Hawk Freak Neo GPS

• 3 years later...

Bringing back an old thread. Reviews seem positive in this thread, but it's kind of old now.

I am usually pretty good at a flop shot, but my lowest wedge is a 54*. I'd like a lob wedge that could get a little more spin on the ball than my Callaway X-16 SW, and I'd like something to hit from a closer distance. I've hit my sand wedge over the green a lot recently, and tried choking up but still struggled. I think a 60* wedge would help with that and make the lob shots easier.

I don't want to spend a lot. I have a $50 gift card to Edwin Watts and they have a Ping M/B 60* at my local store for 49.99, so this seems like a no-brainer. Just thought I'd get some more feedback on the club's usage for short pitch shots and flop shots. I could probably get a Callaway Forged wedge or a Titleist Vokey for a similar price on ebay, but then I can't use my gift card.

Note: This thread is 3907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!