IGNORED

The Footjoy Pure Touch Glove, Worth it?

Note: This thread is 5303 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys, Im a sub 10 handicaper. I was wondering if anyone has tried those Pure Touch Gloves. I saw them at Golfdom and tried them on. They felt great but i don't think i could spend 28 bucks on a glove. Are they worth it?

If i buy it, i will post a review.

Driver: FT Tour 9.5
Fairway woods: X-Fairway 3 and 5
Irons: : X-Forged '09 3-PW in Carolina Blue, Oklahoma Orange, and Wake Forest Green grips.
Wedges: X-Forged '09 54-14 and Vokey Spin-Milled 60-7
Putter: Odyssey Black Series #8

Preferred Ball: Z-star Tour Yellow

In the Pockets: Ball, Ecotee, Switchblade Divot Repair tool, Pencil w/ Eraser.

i do not use gloves except for when i am practicing with the golf team considering we play at least 3 rounds a week and 4 if there is a tournament. Padraigs teacher encourages guys to pee on there hands just like baseball players.
DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

... ok...

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

I pay $22 for the Nike Dri-Fit Tour gloves I use. The premium cabretta leather feels and grips much better than the $10 Nike Dura-feel gloves I used to use. Makes all the difference to me. I would imagine the premium Footjoy glove is also well worth the few extra dollars.

I'll go out on a limb and say yes to this one. I've spent a good bit of money on gloves, and I play them on every shot. Just like people who claim that spending money on Pro V1s is worth more than spending that same cash on your driver.

Go with what makes you feel comfortable. Golf is such a mental sport, that any little edge can yield a big difference.

I'm personally partial to Nike Tour gloves as well as the FJ Sci-Flex. Cleveland makes a great glove, but the model escapes me at the moment.

Wait for a coupon, grab one, and post a review.

i do not use gloves except for when i am practicing with the golf team considering we play at least 3 rounds a week and 4 if there is a tournament. Padraigs teacher encourages guys to pee on there hands just like baseball players.

Uh, how was this post in any way constructive or useful or even vaguely interesting to the original question?

To the OP's question, I experiment every once in awhile with premium gloves so I picked one of the Pure Touch gloves a few weeks ago to try. Unfortunately a seam started to tear out pretty quickly after only a few range sessions. It did have a decent feel and fit my hand well, but since it started coming apart so quickly I haven't purchased another. Maybe it was just a quality problem on that particular glove, but I didn't want to become a FJ Quality Assurance field manager. I could probably return it or contact FJ, but it just isn't worth the bother. I typically use a FJ Weathersoft as my standard glove and I keep coming back to the Weathersoft as a good value combination of feel, fit, and durability.

I typically use a FJ Weathersoft as my standard glove and I keep coming back to the Weathersoft as a good value combination of feel, fit, and durability.

I'm another FJ Weathersoft user. Best all around glove that I've found. Premium gloves are nice, but if you're like me and live on a budget the high cost and relatively short lifespan of thin expensive leather is cost prohibitive. The Weathersoft glove has plenty of feel (although it is thicker than a premium full leather glove) and more importantly holds up well to moisture and a lot of use. Add to that the low cost (twin pack for under $20) and it's the glove for me. Also FJ has multiple fitting options (finger length and hand size) that I haven't seen in other brands.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

I'll go out on a limb and say yes to this one. I've spent a good bit of money on gloves, and I play them on every shot. Just like people who claim that spending money on Pro V1s is worth more than spending that same cash on your driver.

The coupon idea sounds great, but isn't it in limited production?

Irons: : X-Forged '09 3-PW in Carolina Blue, Oklahoma Orange, and Wake Forest Green grips.

Honestly, if it doesn't relate, don't bother.

'specially with ghetto grip techniques.

Damn that is expensive! Definitely not worth it - unless, that is, it's made out of wale penis skin or something exotic like that. Sorry, I just got done reading about this:

http://jalopnik.com/5380680/15m-russ...-penis-leather

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

Damn that is expensive! Definitely not worth it - unless, that is, it's made out of wale penis skin or something exotic like that.

Arrgghhh, that is just SO wrong! The last thing I want in a glove is to stick my hand inside that. Boy, this thread sure took a turn for the worse!

I rarely write a response like that. Seriously though, I was a long-time Foot Joy Sta Soft glove wearer but I am really liking the Titleist right now. Can't remember which one I'm using, oh it's the Perma Soft.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

My only requirement of a glove is that it is all leather. No fabric crap between the fingers or on the back of the hand. I buy cheap. I have paid $60 per dozen maxfli tour gloves that were errors, something wrong with the stitching. Anyway they were great gloves. Paying $28 for a glove is a joke. If you can afford it, buy whatever you want but know this. No glove is going to make anyone play better simply because it cost more. The problem is manufacturers know golfers are pretty much suckers. by the way this true for just about everything in your bag. Price doesn't equal quality.

O, thanks guys, and whale who donated their skins.

Another question i have, since the original is drying out, is why manufacturers don't precurve the gloves to near grip position.

I mean, they say it's precurved, but there are still wrinkles on the glove at the finger joints when i grip the club.

i play the titleist players and i find it to be a great glove so i think it's definately worth it. i used to play the footjoy weathersof GTX and there's a night and day type of different between the two. it is also true that i bought three players gloves for 15 bucks each and not 24 like you would pay on tgw

Note: This thread is 5303 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!