IGNORED

Fuzzy's Covered Bridge in Indiana

Note: This thread is 5423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Although I've lived in Louisville, KY for almost 14 years now, I've never made the short drive up I-65 to play either of Fuzzy Zeoller's golf courses. Today, a few friends of mine from work and I played Covered Bridge in Sellersburg, IN. I must say the layout of this course is very easy on the eyes and seems to bring a good challenge for any level golfer. Two of my foursome played from the men's (gold) tees while myself and another single digit 'capper played the Fuzzy's tees.

At just over 7,000 yards from the back, this course played long. Mostly because the fairways have gone dormant for the year and were a touch wet. Most drives only rolled 3-5 yards at best. Add that to lots of water and trees, and you get a pretty tough day. Luckily, I ended up shooting 76 thanks to some crafty chips and only 25 putts. My 9 handicap friend couldn't get it going today and ended up carding a 98. (I don't think he will be turning in that score.)

I think my favorite part of the course was the 9th and 18th holes. 2 medium length par 5's that run parallel, separated by water and greens that have an 8 yard deep stretch of green that connects them. As an added bonus today, I managed to stick my 4 wood to 8 feet from 238 yards on the 18th and rolled in the eagle putt to finish the day!

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

Note: This thread is 5423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!