IGNORED

Wilson Staff Fi5 Forged Iron

Golfaway
Note: This thread is 5271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got the chance to hit these irons today. My club pro just got himself a set (after years of using Callaway X series irons with graphite shafts, and after playing at the Egyptian Open and seeing how he was the one and only pro using graphite shafts, he finally decided to switch to something more serious and hence the new Fi5). The irons are blades from PW till 8, and cavity back in the rest.

I didn't get the chance to hit them a lot (I will do that later) but I hit about 10 balls with the 8 iron (MB blade) and the 5 iron (cavity back). Now that's the first time I hit a blade iron and I was really eager to try them. I must say though, they are certainly not easy. I could hit it every time, but when it did not catch the sweet spot it stung as hell in my hand and it didn't go any far. Generally speaking, I think I lost not less than 15-20 yards even on pure shots.

The 5 iron on the other hand was a bit easier to hit, but still, I think it was certainly shorter than my normal average. All in all, I love how these irons look and for someone who can get used to them and hit them good, they're really beautiful. But for me? I think I'll keep to my easy 950's.

I will be hitting them more in the coming days though so I might update you.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

cool cool, sounds good, looking forward to the update
In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

that set would be considered a player's club so not a club for someone over a 10 handicap. I bet good players don't lose so much distance with player's clubs. it might just be that your swing is not consistent enough to gain a lot from them.

Hit them again today. Definitely not suitable for me. I could hit the 8 iron through PW good enough, but the yardages were much shorter than my usual. I tried hitting the 3 iron.... let's say that all my tries to hit it consistently went with the winds. It's hard as ****.

The club pro was hitting them beautifully though, and he was appreciating the feedback he was getting from them. He could easily work them the way he wanted and he found them much easier to control than his past Callaways.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

Note: This thread is 5271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!