IGNORED

Cold Weather balls?

kleraudio
Note: This thread is 5267 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I picked up one of those pink paula creamer balls on the golf course and played the rest of the round with it...and that ball rules. Pink or not. I bought a sleeve preparing for sub 50 degree weather.

Nothing wrong with that, I use the pink Precepts, but then again, they were meant for people like me

So you want a 2 piece ball with a low compression in the cold weather?

Thats the gist Im getting...

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

I bet they are just low compression balls. I use and resommend lower compression balls during winter play. Also it doesn't hurt to keep them warm prior to your game.

Bob

I tried the Wilson Zips last year when it was at it's coldest down here.

I didn't really like them...just felt mushy off the putter.

I'll stick with my beloved ProV1...ebaying for the "practice" version whenever possible.

In the winter I'll use a handwarmer in each pocket. I'll keep a ball in my pocket while I game another. I'll rotate them every hole. Maybe it doesn't make a hill of beans difference....but that's what I do.

I've only played 27 holes in Novemember and only 18 in October....work schedule, family illnesses, etc.

I say that to say this: I really love the spin and checking power the ProV1 provides. Yesterday (game is really rusty) I missed a few more greens than normal. I left myself numerous chips and pitches. I've been working on keeping the ball lower vs. flopping so often. I was able to hit those short shots with zeal and the ball would zip up nicely.b

One hole, par 3, No. 13 at Midland Valley I had an uphill wedge shot of around 50ft. I used PW and firmed it fairly hard. The ball cleared the front mound and tucked down quickly...I didn't see all this, but a playing partner said it came in very hot and low and zipped hard, leaving a 6ft par putt.

I really love how this ball putts, too.

I can't get the same short game feel from the "winter" balls...at least I haven't seen one that would work the same.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

LOVE the practice pro v1. TGW has them usually and if you check now and then you can get them for 25 a dozen. There is no difference (besides 20 bucks)

And for people in Georgia and Florida. I really wouldn't call 55, 60 "cold". You are blessed with the never ending golf season.

Brian

The idea of the handwarmer in the pocket with the "extra" ball is very likey a violation of the rules. Every party has a pooper thats wyhy you invited me!!!

The lady precepts are very nice balls.

Note: This thread is 5267 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!