IGNORED

Course recommendation in Orlando?

nhpace
Note: This thread is 5413 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am heading to Orlando in 2 weeks. I would love to find a memorable course to play during the mid-week. I play at about a 21 handicap. Any suggestions?

In my Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag:

SQ DYMO² STR8-FIT 10.5° Driver
'07 Burner 3 Wood
IDEA A7 19° 3 Hybrid, 22° 4 Hybrid G15 Irons 5 - UW CG14 56° Black Pearl White Hot Rossi Putter Push Cart 2.0

just outside orlando: World Woods

Ill second that!

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am heading to Orlando in 2 weeks. I would love to find a memorable course to play during the mid-week. I play at about a 21 handicap. Any suggestions?

Where do you play at home in Litchfield?

I played a course Northeast of Orlando in a town called De Land - the course is Victoria Hills . I liked it.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Where do you play at home in Litchfield?

Passaconaway Country Club

In my Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag:

SQ DYMO² STR8-FIT 10.5° Driver
'07 Burner 3 Wood
IDEA A7 19° 3 Hybrid, 22° 4 Hybrid G15 Irons 5 - UW CG14 56° Black Pearl White Hot Rossi Putter Push Cart 2.0

Passaconaway Country Club

PM sent.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Shingle Creek Golf Resort is in Orlando or just outside of Orlando. Gorgeous course. The condition of the course is top notch and it's a fun course to play. Probably my favorite course I've ever played.

About 20 mins south of Orlando Int. Airport in St Cloud is the Royal St Cloud Golf Links, 27 holes, lots of room, and a fantastic practice area and driving range. This is where I spend much of my time while in Florida, like now.

Thomas " Hitman" Heitman

I visit Orlando frequently and have played more than 30 courses in the area. I just got back from a quick Orlando trip yesterday and played 6 courses that I hadn't played before.

My normal recommendations are for the high end courses such as Orange County National, Bay Hill, Grand Cypress, Reunion Resort, Championsgate and the Disney courses. However, most of these are expensive. Orange County National is the exception as you can get some relatively cheap rates, especially if you play both courses at OCN on the same day. You can also get good twilight rates at Disney (around $60) Osprey Ridge is my favorite course at Disney

If you are willing to do a little bit of driving (30-45 minutes depending on whether you are staying near Unioversal or Disney) there are some excellent less expensive alternatives. If you can wait until 7 days before your play date to book your tee times you can get excellent rates on Golfhub.com, GolfNow.com and a couple of other websites. I just played 7 rounds of fantastic golf for less than $250 including carts by booking on those sites. The rates from these websites is less than you can usually get booking direct or through a packager. Here are a few recomendations:

The best layout South of Disney is Southern Dunes . You can get a $29rate after 2 pm Or $49-$59 in the morning.

The best layout East of the City is Harmony Preserve ($54)

Southern Dunes and Harmony are as good as it gets. These courses are beautiful and forgiving for a 21 handicapper.

North of the City, there are many good options:

Timacuan - $35
Deltona - $30
Debary - $30
Victoria Hills -$50
Sugarloaf Mountain - $70

Both Courses at World Woods are also excellent, but they are a much longer drive.

Note: This thread is 5413 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!