IGNORED

Golf bag recommendations?

Note: This thread is 5263 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After years of using a carry bag I have decided to go for a new cart bag. The bag would be used on my Bag Boy push cart. My question has to do with what kind of sectioning to get. My current bag has 14 dividers. It used to work fine but two things make it a bit awkward. First I use a 50 inch long putter. Second, like many aging golfers, I now am using hybrids as well as fairway woods. The problem is this is making for a very congested 'tall' end of my bag!
The new bag I have been studying is an OGIO with woode sectioned top. Best way to describe it is 3 holes to the right with 3 sections to the left. I think it is a 9.5 inch top. Can someone tell me what clubs should go where in this type of setup? Maybe a photo of how your bag is setup? I am particularly worrried about the long putter!
Is the Woode top design okay? Should I continue to search for a 14 slot bag?

Driver :T Edge CB-1 or Cally Mini Driver 14* or GBB 11*
Tour Edge CB2 15* 3 wood (Best Club Ever!)

Callaway XR 5Wood (New BCE!)

Hybrids: Nike SQ 23*  Tour Edge 28*

Irons: TMade RAC  7-PW   T Flight 56 SWedge
Putter: Odyssey 2 Ball Blade, SStroke flatside to hole

Don't know about the Woode design.

I have a 14 slot bag, specifically designed for the push-cart, i.e., backwards like a stand bag. Long clubs are up top, away from the handle/drink holder, etc.. Putter tube is on top of the bag (when positioned on you cart) and could likely hold your putter fine, as mine is 37" long and sits well below the driver head on the cart.

The bag is made my Sun Mountain and called the SCB (Special Cart Bag?). Only bag I could find that had the layout specifically designed for push cart. There may be more now, as I've had mine for almost a year now.

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I use an Ogio Edge (carry bag) with Woode top laid out as you describe (there are four seperat pockets for woods/hybrids on mine) and it works well for both cart use and carrying. The only complaint I have is the shafts of the woods can slide over into the irons (some pockets don't run all the way to the bottom) which then can be tough to pull clubs as the grips are tangled around one another. Tends to work better with more care in placing them back into the bag, can't say I notice this in cart use but mostly carry. The Ogio is the best bag I have owned and would be nearly perfect if they had made all the pockets full length.
ogio.gifedge bag
titleist.gifdriver 10.5* 907D1, 15* 906f2, 18* 906f2
wilson_staff.gif21* hybrid, 3-PW PI7, TW9 wedges
wilson_staff.gif: 8802, 8813, or Arnold Palmer Original
wilson_staff.gifX1 or 50

I will look into the Sun Mountain Special Cart Bag....
I believe the OGIO I liked did have full length dividers...
Just not 14 slots...
BTW I know exactly what you mean about 'tangled' grips!
My current 14 slot bag (Datrek) get grips tangled if not positioned carefully.
On your OGIO bag do you have zipperless ball pocket ?
I have read reviews where some people did not like the zipperless pocket?
Also where is the top grip for placing back in trunk of a car??
Thanks

Driver :T Edge CB-1 or Cally Mini Driver 14* or GBB 11*
Tour Edge CB2 15* 3 wood (Best Club Ever!)

Callaway XR 5Wood (New BCE!)

Hybrids: Nike SQ 23*  Tour Edge 28*

Irons: TMade RAC  7-PW   T Flight 56 SWedge
Putter: Odyssey 2 Ball Blade, SStroke flatside to hole

I wouldn't dream of using my pushcart with anything other than a bag with 14 full length dividers. I've been very pleased with my current bag. Titleist is selling one very similar.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Best bag I've ever owned, and just for reference I have 5 bags in the garage at the moment:

1) Sun Mountain C130 (cart)
2) Ping Outlander (cart)
3) Sun Mountain Four 5 (carry)
4) Nike Sasquatch Tour (carry)
5) Mizuno (cart)

-C

ITB:
905R Proforce V2
SS03 Fujikura Tour Platform
MD 21 Irod
MD 25 Fujikura Tour PlatformKZG Forged Blades 5-PW Rifle 5.5 Vokey SM 54/08, 60/04 Rifle Spinner Kombi 35"

I really like the zipperless ball pocket, after a year of use golfing 2 to 3 time a week it still works fine as does the whole bag. For loading or unloading into vehicles there is a grip near the top like most bags and also under the ball pocket is a reinforced slot to grab the bottom end of the bag, not really necessary but I have tended to use it more and more as time goes by.

I should clarify when I talk cart use I am referring to my using a driving cart, not a push/pull cart. Not sure how well Ogio bags such as the edge style will work on a push cart, may soon find out as I will buy one this spring, don't mind carrying but the constant on off is actually wearing the sling out. If your really committed to a push cart I would go with a bag specific to that use as I have my doubts how well the edge will work on one (does work great on the back of a power cart in the upright position).
ogio.gifedge bag
titleist.gifdriver 10.5* 907D1, 15* 906f2, 18* 906f2
wilson_staff.gif21* hybrid, 3-PW PI7, TW9 wedges
wilson_staff.gif: 8802, 8813, or Arnold Palmer Original
wilson_staff.gifX1 or 50

Best bag I've ever owned, and just for reference I have 5 bags in the garage at the moment:

I've been extremely pleased with mine. My only regret is not getting one of the C-130 models with my favorite NCAA team on it.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5263 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!