IGNORED

Greetings from Wisconsin

danieldrieberg
Note: This thread is 5174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My first post to this site, gotta start somewhere. I'm about halfway between Milwaukee and Sheboygan.

I used to golf quite a bit but never have had a consistant game. If I play a course 20 times I'll probably par every hole at least once, will probably at least double-par every hole at least once, and I've never broke 100 yet on a regulation course.

I've decided to pick up the gamae again after a several year layoff. Been mostly messing around with bicycles and motorcycles and some fishing lately. Golf goal is to re-establish a handicap, improve my consistency, break 100, and try to get into the 80's. Job, finances, and family stuff will affect all that.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell, just tagging onto this thread to say hello and to work on my newbie status here.

Off now to read a bit.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first post to this site, gotta start somewhere. I'm about halfway between Milwaukee and Sheboygan.

Welcome to the site. Its always nice to have another 'Sconnie on board.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Thanks.
I'm going to have to get out a driver and smack some snowballs in the back yard this weekend to start getting back into the game and mindset.

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,

Arent there any heated driving ranges or domes in your area? I know of one in Madison, but that might be a bit of a drive for you. I cant believe that Milwaukee doesnt have one...
Another thing you could do to keep your game somewhat in tune it to practice chipping and putting on your living room carpet. Its not exactly like hitting golfballs on a green, but it helps to keep your game from totally going into hibernation.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I think there is a blow up tent indoor range over by Mayfair Mall someplace that I've heard about. I might set up a lightweight driving catch net in the back yard, picked up one a few years ago at a rummage sale. Should be okay with wiffle and foam balls, don't think I'd trust it with regular balls. Putting in the living room is an option, chipping would get me in trouble.

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,

Putting in the living room is an option, chipping would get me in trouble.

You could always chip with foam balls.

Just signed on here ... I'm in NE Wisc ... the Fox Valley. Main courses are Countryside, High Cliff and Irish Waters. Been out of the game for several years but jumped back in in a big way this past season ... now I'm stuck staring at the snow for a few more months. Luckily there is an indoor range of sorts 5 minutes from my office Where I hit once or twice a week. Looking forward to hangin' out here regularly ...

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Just signed on here ... I'm in NE Wisc ... the Fox Valley. Main courses are Countryside, High Cliff and Irish Waters. Been out of the game for several years but jumped back in in a big way this past season ... now I'm stuck staring at the snow for a few more months. Luckily there is an indoor range of sorts 5 minutes from my office Where I hit once or twice a week. Looking forward to hangin' out here regularly ...

Welcome! I spend a lot of time in NE Wisconsin. My parents live in St Germain, so I play Plum Lake in Sayner quite often.

more sconnies!!!!!!!!!! very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

Before long we just might need to have a TST Sconnie get-together.

Before long we just might need to have a TST Sconnie get-together.

+1 that idea

52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

That could be fun! As long as you guys don't mind a Hack like me playin' with ya!!
Any ideas for a course to meet at? Suppose something fairly centrally located ...

"Retired in my Dreams"

That could be fun! As long as you guys don't mind a Hack like me playin' with ya!!

Hacks are welcome. Im far from being a great golfer myself.

I hack at the sphere too. How about an outing at a class course. Wait until the MidwestGolfingmagazine comes out with their speciial. With a $40 subscription you get 6 free greens fees. Only pay for the cart. Last year it was

The Bull at Sheboyan
Trappers Turn--Wisconsin Dells
Fire Ridge---40 miles north of Milwaukee
The Bridges---Madison
Christmas Mountain---Wisconsin Dells
Lawsonia--Green Lake

Most of those course are $80 or more greens fees.

That's the same group that runs the Madison Golf show--check out heir website at midwestgolfingmagazine.com. The card was not set yet but may in by the show.

I have seen you post about this before - looks really interesting. The dells area could be fun. I played Cold Water Canyon (At Chula Vista Resort) last fall ... nice place too ...
Was thinking of making the Madison show since I've never been to a Golf show (tons of Boat Shows and Outdoor shows).
This may be the only way I'd ever play any premium courses like the ones you mentioned.

"Retired in my Dreams"

• 2 weeks later...

I see midwestgolfingmagazine.com has released its lineup for 2010.
The Bull--Shebogan Falls
Fire Ridge---South of Sheboygan
Lawsonia--Green Lake
Trapper's Turn--Wisconsin Dells
Christmas Mountain--Wisconsin Dells
House on the Rock---Spring Green

Some awesome course at a great one time price.

New member here as well from Madison.

I started golfing last summer with a set of hand-me-downs from my father-in-law. My friends and I now refer to golf as crack, because it's so addicting and I'm always looking for the next "hit".

I've been to Vitense a couple of times this winter. I can't wait for the snow to melt and the courses to open!

Looking forward to being a member of the site!

Ping K15 12* | Ping K15 4h | Callaway Razr X HL Irons 5 - AW | Cleveland 54* and 58* wedges | Odyssey White Hot Tour Rossie | Bushnell Neo GPS | Nike M9 Cart Bag

Welcome aboard mh-----Vitense is a great place to get started. Love those heaters in the winter. Hope to see you out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note: This thread is 5174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!