IGNORED

No Driver Game.

Note: This thread is 6473 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm going to try no #1Driver this weekend. It worked for Tiger, it should work for me. I seem to be sucking at driver # 1 lately anyway. My drive goes about 210 yards, nice distance (?), but it sometimes gets lost left or right. As a matter of fact,I looked at my stats, it's my driver going out of bounds that keeps my handicap in the twenties (hence my screen name).

I'm going to try it. I'm going to leave my driver at home, 4 miles from the course, so that I can resist the temptation. I'll tee the 5 wood, which I hit pretty good: 150-200 stright down the middle. Use the 7i the 9i to get on the green on par 5's, or else I'll wedge it onto the green on par 4's.

Your thoughts on No #1 driver?

This should get my handicap down to in the teens. Should increase GIR.
The only problem is I would have to change my screen name from "InTheTwenties" to "InTheTeens".

I'm sure the moderators would be pissed. "

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

I always have the driver in the bag, but I've gone entire rounds without pulling it out once. It's usually the course itself that dictates whether or not I hit it, but sometimes it stays bagged just because of a lack of confidence on that particular day. I usually end up scoring pretty well without it; what I lose in distance, I make up for with more hit fairways.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

Always a good idea for high handicappers.

The first time I broke 100 was when I hit 5 wood off every tee apart from the 1st and 3rd. Ended up shooting 85...!!!

Whenever I am not hitting it great I resort to my "go to" club, which is my 13* 3 wood. I can hit that a good 200-220 mtrs and 240 on a good day so it's fine for most of our par 4's, although I struggle to get home hitting 3 wood on our par 5's.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

More fairways can equal more greens which can equal a lower score. Do yourself a favor though, don't try to muscle the 5 Wood. If you try to swing harder for added distance then your philosophy is out the window. Try it out it cant hurt.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I'm going to try no #1Driver this weekend. It worked for Tiger, it should work for me. I seem to be sucking at driver # 1 lately anyway. My drive goes about 210 yards, nice distance (?), but it sometimes gets lost left or right. As a matter of fact,I looked at my stats, it's my driver going out of bounds that keeps my handicap in the twenties (hence my screen name). I'm going to try it. I'm going to leave my driver at home, 4 miles from the course, so that I can resist the temptation. I'll tee the 5 wood, which I hit pretty good: 150-200 stright down the middle. Use the 7i the 9i to get on the green on par 5's, or else I'll wedge it onto the green on par 4's. Your thoughts on No #1 driver? This should get my handicap down to in the teens. Should increase GIR. The only problem is I would have to change my screen name from "InTheTwenties" to "InTheTeens". I'm sure the moderators would be pissed. "

mm, it could very well help get your scores down (as well as your confidence up) eventually you'll want to get back to using your driver though. i noticed you mentioned it working for tiger. i wouldnt recommend trying to hit your long irons.. stick with your 3 and 5 woods. not using your driver will also give you much more opportunity to practice hitting your mid-longer irons.

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

Update: Today I tried a practice 9hole. I did not use the driver. It was 5wood, 7iron, 9iron, pitch and lob. No other clubs. Total fairways: 4. And I had a GIR! Definetly an improvement. Also, I drove the 5 wood once for about 250 yards.

This weekend, If I can, I'll play a round, and keep score, to see if there is any actual drop in handicap .

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

Note: This thread is 6473 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!