IGNORED

"Forgot" how to hit driver and hybrid. what's wrong?

Note: This thread is 6467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So my wife picked up an r7 460 and rescue dual for me from Dick's because of the deal that they had (buy the driver, get the rescue for free).

The first round I played with both was amazing. The r7 had a little fade in it (even with the draw weight) but I was very accurate with it (never more than 5 yards off the fairway) for me. The rescue dual was unbelievable. She picked up the 19* one... I was pin hunting from 200+ yards out with an extremely straight ball flight.

Since then, the r7 has been hitting mostly very low and left. I went to the range and moved the wieghts to nuetral, which hasn't helped much. When I'm not hitting it low and left, I'm seeing a pretty big hook, where my natural ballflight is more of a fade.

The rescue has been very difficult for me to get in the air since the first round. It seems that I'm hitting it fat. I've been playing the ball closer to the front of my stance than I would for a short iron, but farther back than a driver.

Obviously, without seeing video, it's tough for you guys to provide feedback. Any ideas though? I seemed to have picked up an occasional hook with my 3-wood now too.
Driver: Sumo 10.5°
3 Wood: T40
2 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 16°
3 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19°
4 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 22°Irons: RAC OS 5-PWWedge: CG12 52°Wedge: 56° SWPutter: RossaBall: Titliest NXT Tour

I wonder if you're driver/hybrid swing is on the right swing path.

More upright with wedges... flatter with driver.

Just a thought.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I spent some time at the range yesterday trying to work this out... It seems that I had the ball too far forward in my stance so that I was basically hitting the ball after I'd turned over my hands and was hitting the ball too far into the "upswing" of my follow through. Not sure if that make sense... I basically moved the ball back a little bit more and seemed to be back on the right track.

Thanks for the ideas.
Driver: Sumo 10.5°
3 Wood: T40
2 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 16°
3 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19°
4 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 22°Irons: RAC OS 5-PWWedge: CG12 52°Wedge: 56° SWPutter: RossaBall: Titliest NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 6467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!