IGNORED

Ball Trajectory/distance/etc with Mizuno(Mp-57)

Note: This thread is 5143 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey, Ive been looking at Mizuno for my next irons so I tried a few. Mainly the MP-57s. I liked the set and I can get them for pretty cheap however.....

I hit the PW at least 50 times the first 3 I shanked the rest felt really really good. Was amazed how straight and consistent I could hit. However, the ball trajectory didnt go very high at all. With my 52 vokey my ball goes sooooo high and around 135 yards. Same DG shaft as the MPs. Kinda sails up then drops right down. With the MP-57 PW Im skeptic if it went that far and it definately didnt go very high at all. The "air time" seemed allright tho. I couldnt measure the distance very well but it seemed like 120-130 yards just by eyeballing it. All of the full shots went around the same distance. Just too add, I take pretty big divots.

Am I hitting these irons correctly??? It seems Im gonna have to re-do my WHOLE golf set just to accomadate them...(how can you have a GW go farther then a PW?) Has anyone else experiance a really, really low trajectory with these irons? Is it just a matter of getting used to them and everything will work out?

My brother plays these irons with the Project X shaft, he hits the irons a similar distance to his last set (tour edge ex-1. nippon ns.pro 950) but a little bit higher. Maybe the head/shaft combo doesn't suit you in these clubs. I know the DG shaft launches too low for me with excessive spin, so I was fitted with the DG high launch shaft.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

Note: This thread is 5143 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!