IGNORED

My Golf Swing (tterrag)

Note: This thread is 3620 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I did this with my putting last time out and it made a big difference. I also did it with difficult shots, all of which went well. Sometimes it is easy to forget with an "easy" shot (good lie, yardage, etc).

Thanks man, and look forward to seeing your swing.

Driver: 909 D3
3 Wood: 909 F3 13
Rescue: 909 17
Irons: AP2 3-PW
Wedges 58 degree and 52 Spin Milled (oil can) Newport 2(custom shop):taylormade: TP Penta 4-Under Golf Bag (Red/White)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

with the new slower tempo, did your distances drop?

No not really. I started to hit it straighter and have more solid contact. Although, I'm starting to TRY to hit it shorter, especially with the shorter irons and focus more on hitting is closer. :D

Wedges 58 degree and 52 Spin Milled (oil can) Newport 2(custom shop):taylormade: TP Penta 4-Under Golf Bag (Red/White)

Nice swing, can I ask what is your first move for your downswing?

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Nice swing, can I ask what is your first move for your downswing?

I start the downswing with a bumb of my hips, then I drop my hands down into the slot.

What do you mean by bump. No rotation at all? Does your upper center stay were its at and just the lower body shifts laterally a bit?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Its a tiny lateral movement, to start, but you will eventually turn your hips. Its kinda hard to explain, so I'll find you a youtube video.

*Update*

Well, about three days ago, I switched my grip from interlocking to overlapping. Now I've been using interlocking ever since I started playing golf, so at first it felt uncomfortable. Anyway, each day I played 18 holes, and I shot 70, 69, 68 to total 10 under (without making very many putts, averaged 30ish). This grip has completely changed my game around. I have really been struggling, especially with accuracy. My hook has completely gone away, I am hitting it the straightest I ever have. I am really excited to test it in a tournament. Right now I am playing the Father Son Golf Tournament in Myrtle Beach. Then I have a tournament at Hawks Ridge in GA. I'll try to post a video soon, it may have changed my mechanics, but I'm not sure because I haven't seen a video in a while.

Well, I found my hook again today. I can't seem to get rid of it, although I don't want a slice. My contact feels really good, I usually don't miss-hit it, its just not very straight right now. Could you guys post some swing thoughts to stop this?

I agree that you could shift a bit better and that would essentially fit the only thing I see a bit different -- namely, your right leg on the follow through points well left. That suggests to me you have more power as yet untapped that you could be driving toward your target line. Your right leg sort of dies with the hips as they coast through the last part of the swing. This leads to the lower over rotation. Sounds strange but an earlier shift and post up would actually help you speed up your hips and drive more off the right leg, into a down the line lower right leg finish. I do like your knees together, or close, but that little hint of a slack off in your current right leg could lead to inconsistencies. Add the lower body drive to you swing and it will be more consistent. Just an opinion out of the ether of the internet.

RC

• 2 weeks later...
I'm still hooking the ball. During my tournament today, I tried to slice it,and I still hit a 15 yard draw. I shot 75, 82, 80. I don;t know anymore. I'm completely lost, I hit an average of 3-5 greens per round. I'll try to post some videos tomorrow. I have officially found a place lower than rock bottom....

• 1 month later...
Well, my game has finally started to turn around. This time I actually will post a new video, hopefully I will have time at my tournament tomorrow.

Are you related to Rory? love how you hold the finish, I've been working on that myself.

In my bag | TM R9 10.5° | TM Burner 15° | TM Burner Rescue 19° | Mizuno MP-37's | Vokey 54°/60° | TM Rossa Daytona | Bridgestone e6

• 3 weeks later...
Haha no. I was going to post a vid today (haven't in a while because of a broken camera), but its raining here. Anyways, people say my swing looks like Rickie Fowler. Not sure if thats good or bad?

• 3 months later...

*Update

Wow, its been a while, but I will actually post a video within the next few days.

Thanks bro! You too!

• 2 weeks later...

*Update

Been snowed in for the past few days, probably no golf for about another week.

• 2 weeks later...

New Swing (Another swing tomorrow)

Feel free to subscribe!

Note: This thread is 3620 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!