IGNORED

Did the Taylormade TP Red get discontinued

Note: This thread is 5158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am just wondering that if the Taylormade TP Red got discontinued???? I've played the TP Red for I dont know a year now. There's none to be found here in North Carolina I know that for sure.... I've been playing the Penta TP for a month now and I dont just like it, it isn't as long or as soft as the TP Red I don't think.

I'm going out tomorrow to the course and trying out 3 other golf balls: Titleist Pro-V1, Titleist Pro-V1x, and the Titleist NXT Tour.

Thanks!!!!

driver: Speedline 10.5 aldila nvs 75-S
3wood: Speedline (15.5*) aldila nvs 65-S
hybirds: idea pro black 20 and 23 degree Aldila VooDoo Stiff
irons: idea pro 5-PW true temper black gold s flex
wedges: CG12 54-58-64 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Laguna...

I've seen TP Reds within the past week at the Dick's in Fayetteville, and at both Pro Shops on Ft. Bragg. A friend on mine plays them, and bought 2 dozen on Monday, so there's still a bunch in North Carolina......

Yea ok thanks. I'm trying a couple of golf balls tomorrow: Callaway Tour I(s) and the Bridgestone B330*s*.....

and I live in High Point and theres none to be found here

driver: Speedline 10.5 aldila nvs 75-S
3wood: Speedline (15.5*) aldila nvs 65-S
hybirds: idea pro black 20 and 23 degree Aldila VooDoo Stiff
irons: idea pro 5-PW true temper black gold s flex
wedges: CG12 54-58-64 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Laguna...

Note: This thread is 5158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• Let's assume we have a tool to roll the ball an exact amount of distance and to start in the line we want it to roll. Basically the perfect putter. Now let's assume we have a 9 footer, with 2° consistent slope so we should aim our tool 2 fingers away from the hole (assuming we bent the arm in order to account for green speed) and set it to 10 feet of power to hole the putt. Last assumption we have a perfect green were the ball do what gravity tell it to do , no grass imperfections or grain tendencies. Also 0° degrees of upslope or downslope.  We set the perfect putter as mentioned and we hole the putt. Great! Now we place the ball in the same line but now 3 feet from the hole. We aim the tool 2 fingers away from the hole and set the power to 4 feet but this time we miss the hole on the high side. Again we move the ball but now to 15 feet in the same line, aim 2 finger away from the hole and set the power to 16 feet. We run the tool but this time we miss the hole on the low side.  As we were told all of those putts should be holed in the middle but all of them acted in different ways.. why? there's a simple reason.. eyes height. If we run the same scenarios but aim the tool using our fingers at ball height we are going to hole all of them, but when we aim with our fingers we do it at eyes height (normally standing tall) witch corrupt the numbers and making the perfect putter aim wrong and miss putts, only to be 100% accurate on the distance it was calibrated, in this example 9 feet.  Here is an example of this using a 6 foot golfer (assuming 5.5 feet distance from eyes to ground). Perfect putter was calibrated to hole with 2 fingers away from the hole at 9 feet.  From the 9 feet putter you can see that you need to aim 27 inches away from the hole to hole it. Because we calibrated our fingers at that distance using 2 finger works perfectly. But now if the use it in the 3 footer it make us aim 16 inches away from the hole were we only need to be 9 inches away from the hole so because we play more brake than we should we miss on the high side. The contrary happens with longer putts. At 15 feet with 2 fingers we aim 5 inches lower than we need so we miss on the low side.  On the last row we can see the real amount of finger we should use if we calibrated our fingers at 9 feet. Of course it changes in relations on what distance you did the calibration. This could could be use an explanation to why on really short putts is recommended to set the fingers in the low side of the hole instead of the middle like in normal putts.   As a conclusion, finger aiming is really accurate if we do it at ball height, but the more we lift our eyes away from the ball, the more the method is not going to be accurate, even more on short putts.   
    • First, drives and approach shots will improve by working on the full swing. So, they are not separate from working on your priority piece. Second, how bad is the short game?  Third, you can do 5 minutes a day and gain progress. How about allocate 10-minutes at least once a day to working on your priority piece. Then you can throw in a longer range session once a week if you need to. Priority pieces are going to take a while to have it stick. For some, it might be something you never stop working on, or needing to refresh the feel.    
    • Making swing changes is hard.  I wouldn't take 100% of the full swing time working on drills to ingrain the feeling, you still want to make sure you keep some touch with the rest of the irons/woods, maybe you do something where if you practice 3x per week on full swing, 2 of those sessions are like 90% focused on drills and swing improvements and 10% is on other full swing things, and then the other 1full swing day is maybe split like 50/50 on drills/swing improvements and more "game" like skills, trying to curve the ball, punch shots, face control practice, etc. Something like I outlined above is what I would do if I was trying to make a big swing change mid-season that way you don't lose form with the rest of your full swing clubs while trying to make the swing change.   This is good. Keep doing this.   Then the new swing hasn't fully taken hold yet. The order of learning goes something like this 1. Learn the new motion 2. Be able to do the motion slowly without a ball 3. Be able to do the motion slowly with a ball on the range 4. Be able to do the motion at half speed with a ball on the range 5. Be able to do the motion at full speed with a ball on the range 6. Be able to do the motion at full speed with a ball on the range without thinking about it 7. Be able to do the motion at full speed with a ball on the course You are almost certainly going to progress forward a couple of those steps, then regress, couple more forward then regress, etc. But think about this, if you can't do the motion at full speed with a ball on the driving range even while thinking about it, you probably don't have much chance doing it properly when on the course and there are so many other variables to consider as well (lie, elevation, target, wind, pressure, etc) This post talks about it more   A bunch, sure, but I don't think there's anything wrong with having a specific swing thought or two on the course. Some of my best rounds have come when I'm hyper-focused on one specific swing thought, being so focused on that thought helped keep negative thoughts out of my head and I just focused on the swing thought and made the best swing I could.   That is normal but that also means the new move isn't fully ingrained yet and you need to practice more. 
    • 1. My handicap is a 6.  2. Regarding my goals, I’m just looking to get more consistent overall. Due to my swing relying so heavily on perfect timing, I’ll play great one day then follow that up with a round that looks like I’ve never picked up a club before. I’ve never really cared much about how my swing looks and I don’t have anything on the schedule I’m trying to peak for.  3. My strength is definitely my short game. I can typically strike the ball pretty clean but because I get so steep and over the top, my miss with everything from my driver to wedges is a straight pull. Clean contact just starts left of my target.  In the Lowest Score Wins, they talk about Dave having a swing fault that was causing issues in his play and his ability to get comfortable on the golf course. He hit lots of balls thinking of nothing else than what he was trying to work on. Regardless of his attempts, when he went to his instructor, he kept getting the same lesson over and over again. The solution was having him do a drill and only hitting shots no further than 50 yards. I can certainly relate because the last two lessons I’ve had we worked on the same exact things even though I’d been practicing with a focus on correcting my faults. If I implement taking 65% of my time working on my full swing, should I take a page out of Dave’s book (no pun intended) and just work on drills to try to better ingrain the feeling? I’ve implemented certain aspects of the drills into my pre shot routine to ingrain the intended feeling. I’m still just really struggling to take my swing feels to the course. I’ve always been a firm believer in playing golf when you’re on the course and not getting caught up in a bunch of swing thoughts. With this being such a big change, I have a bad habit of going right back to my old ways when I only envision my intended shot shape and focus on the target. 
    • I got your DM, I'll check on the room and get back to you.

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...