• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• Penalize or disqualify them. The course staff aren't on the Committee.
    • Totally agree. And we are doing that. The problem is that we have a set of members who do not want to follow the rules (simplifying) and our committee is being undermined by the course professionals. Curious about other's experience that might help us win this ongoing argument.  
    • This is a little like a debate in my club in which older players wanted free relief from steep banks for safety reasons. Instead of taking an unplayable lie, as is always an option.   The debate was finally settled when someone pointed out that Sergio climbed a tree to hit his ball. It's up to the player to take the penalty if they don't want to play it as it lies.   
    • Uhhhh, yes. And for your tournaments, simply create your Committee and set the rules as you want them to be for the event(s).
    • Wondering about other's experience with course administrators. Do they promote the rules of golf? Should we expect them to?  Background: I belong to a golf club that organizes tournaments at a municipal course. Our club is trying to popularize and enforce the rules of golf in our events, but the golf course staff is not on the same page. For example,  the course manager just sent an email to our club suggesting we should lift, clean, and place throughout the general area year round, citing allegedly terrible course conditions and lack of staff. The conditions are the same as the other public courses in our area.   Also, the greenskeeper has refused to mark GUR or to allow our club volunteers to do it. Not sure why,  i think because he believes it is unattractive. He suggested we create a local rule essentially allowing players to decide for themselves what is GUR.  To me,  this is not appropriate for administrators of a golf course. But perhaps financial concerns are more important than the rules? 

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...