IGNORED

REESO VTX Putter

DBS

I’m looking to find a Resso VTX long Putter and can’t seem to find any on line. I bought one of the last ones that was made before the companies founder passed away. I would like to find another one just like the one I have. Anyone have any ideas?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

Sorry to get back late, busy holiday.

Nonetheless, I have:

1-Reeso VTX Putter with an adjustable shaft, which makes it easier for traveling and is USGA approved.

1-Reesso Cook Face-On Putter nonadjustable shaft

1 Reese Putters.com SFT Headcover

2-53” metal shafts

1-Adjustable shaft conversion kit.

Let me know if your interested in anything.

The putters are my seventy-eight-year-old Dad, who doesn’t play much golf anymore.

And, like a little kid, once I brought them out, he’s now having fun putting around the house.

When I told him about the situation, he didn’t seem thrilled to be selling them.

Honestly, he’s having a good time; I’d really can’t sell it now

I apologize; I got ahead of myself.

I’ll keep you in mind if we go to sell them.

Again, sorry for any inconvenience.

• 5 months later...

I have recently switched to side saddle putting and was lucky to find a Reeso Cook 48 inch putter as a comparison to my Ping belly putter. 
are parts or hardcovers available anywhere for these clubs if needed . If anyone is still using these are there things I should know ? 
thanks 

barry 

Hi Barry,

Really hard to find parts or replacements since the owner/designer died suddenly and nobody picked up the patents.  I still have the original I purchased, but the shaft broke where it inserts into the putter head and so all I have is the parts.  Let me know if you need anything.  I would be happy to ship them to you for the cost of shipping.

Ken

I agree with Yipper, it's hard to find replacement parts, but you can find complete putters.

I have two Reeso Putters; Reeso Cook Face-on Putter and a Reeso  VTX Putter.

I have an original manual, headcover, and extra shafts.

I also have an adjustable shaft mechanism that locks in place with an Allen-Hex key and makes traveling with the putter easier.

Best wishes.

• 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct links for Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package. Save 10% on Mevo with coupon code "IACAS" as well.
    • I thought Minnie driver was great in GoldenEye!  Oh wait, that's not what you meant.   
    • Okay so, I have a few rounds in now and I'm starting to like this thing.  The last time I played I didn't have to do any editing after the round. It was only 9 holes, but I actually tagged everything exactly right and even got the pin placements right. 😄 I only had to go back and change 2 shots to positional shots.  I have 7 rounds in there now, so the data is starting to get interesting. The first thing I've learned (okay, confirmed, because I already knew it) my wedge play is not very good. I was surprised to find that I'm getting up and down only about 20% of the time with my 54 or 60 degree wedge in my hands. Interestingly, when I putt from off the green, I'm getting up and down 73% of the time. (That's with 15 attempts, so that's interesting to me.)  The second thing I learned is I am super-inconsistent off the tee with the driver. Take a look:  There is almost 100 yards difference between my longest drive and my average drive. Which tells me that for every really good drive I hit, there's at least on real stinker.... probably more than one. Some of those have hit trees, but some of them (too many) have been straight up shanks, hosel rockets, tops, flubs, thins, toes, heels, and/or skanks. If I can eliminate the totally sh!tty ones, I think my average would come up closer to my performance average. I'm not good enough at math to calculate my standard deviation, but I bet it's huge.  I did find that I'm just about as likely to miss left of the fairway as I am to miss right of the fairway.  I plan to start to work my practice around the areas that need improvement.  Of course, I'm going to continue to work on my swing in general, as it can still get better. But consistency off the tee and wedge play will have to get a little more attention going forward. 
    • Yay, was able to get to the range today!  Half of the bucket (20 balls or so), worked on top of the swing work. Taking club back to A3.5, pausing, then while looking at the ball extending the right elbow without turning, then extending the elbow while turning a bit. After like 4-5 reps, I would paus it at A3.5, and try to extend my right elbow as I hit the ball like 100 yards or so.  Quarter of the bucket, worked on some lower body movement from A4 to A6. Just trying to stay down a bit more as my arms get more around me (right elbow extending). Taking the club to A3.5, pausing, shift pressure under left foot as I bring the hands/arms down by extending right elbow. When I was looking at my left knee, from A4 to A6, as I bring my arms down, my left knee rotates back overtop my left foot, and my knees stay flexed at A6. From A6, I would make a small pump and hit shots like 60 yards or so by bringing my right side through. This got me back to getting my right side through better.  Quarter of a bucket making swings were I focus on manipulating the club path and face a bit. I would think, "lets hit a straight draw/hook". I would try to see what feel would make it do that. If I didn't hit it how I wanted on one shot, I would try to make some slow practice swings through impact to get a better feel and try to see if those feels worked for the next shot. Turns out, I am halfway decent at making the correct change on the next shot. Example, when trying to hit a straight draw/hook I hit a low pull cut. I figured as I closed the face down, I brought the club path left. So, I did a few slow swings from A6 to A7, closing the face but also swinging out. On the next shot I hit a straight hook. After hitting a leftward shot, I would flip to trying to hit a big cut. Also, I really focused on making the same turn through the ball. I really had to focus on manipulating the club with my hands and arms.  To curve left, more of a left hand forward revving feel. It feels like I start revving the left hand over from like A5 through impact.  To curve right, more of right palm staying up more longer. It feels like I am delaying the crap out of the club turning over.   
    • There's a guy in my league who's about 70-75 ish, and quite a bit overweight as well. He carries only LW, SW, GW, PW and I think a 9-iron. The rest of his bag consists of various fairway woods. He's playing off single digits so it seems to work for him. He does play the "forward tees", but I've played with him and he seems long enough to play at least the middles. From what I remember of his bag, there is something like an 11-wood, 9-wood, 7-wood, 5-wood, 3-wood and driver in there. No hybrids though. Of course he has a putter and I think he has a chipper too. 
    • Agreed. I think that's just prize money. It looks like most guys in the top 200 have a "bag deal", A "hat deal", a "logo deal" etc. ... That can bag him (see what I did there? 🤪) at least an additional $250K to $1M per year.  Take a look at this article. It's a little dated (2018) but the information is still pretty good.  Ever Wonder How Much a PGA TOUR Pro Makes to Wear All Those Logos? Recently Golf.com spoke with a top sports agent, who spoke anonymously about the kind of money a PGA TOUR pro makes off of endorsement deals.  I do understand that they have to pay their own travel expenses and they give their caddies a cut. But even so, it doesn't sound to me like these guys are just scrapping by.   
  • Today's Birthdays

1. JoeInPI
      JoeInPI
      (49 years old)
    2. meenman
      meenman
      (53 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...