IGNORED

So frustrated...

DaSportsGuy
Note: This thread is 5128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played a quick nine today and have never been so frustrated with my game. My short game was fantastic once again but I just could not get off the tee. I did not any fairways(Although I hit both greens on the two Par 3's), and didn't have a drive more than 125 yards.

Every drive was a snap hook. The only clubs I could hit straight were my irons(7-9) and wedges. Anything less than a 7 iron(Driver, 3W, Hybrid, 4-6 irons) were snap hooks. It was so bad I just felt like picking my ball up on the two Par 5's and just walking it up to the hole and giving myself a double. By the 6th hole I was ready to walk off the course.

I'm just so frustrated. I've had the case of snap hooks but I've been hitting snap hooks ever since my second time out on the year. The first time out I was hitting the ball better than ever. Now, I can't hit anything less than a 7 iron worth a darn.

I just don't know what to do. I hate bothering my neighboor who is a PGA Pro this early on in the season but my gosh. I'm sucking it up off the tee.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Without a swing video, it's hard to say, but you must be closing the clubface... don't do that. But go bother your neighbor. Call him in the middle of the night and say you're having trouble sleeping because of your golf swing... these guys love to help.

Hang in there....your driver was about as accurate as Tiger's today...or maybe you need more time in that Mississippi clinic as well ;)

Bad rounds and subtle swing changes you don't realize you're doing are the unfortunate reality of golf -- especially early in the season with winter rust showing (your 1st round might have been the fluke!). Time to hit the range or get those lessons instead of your next quick 9; the earlier the better so you can figure out why it's happening an how to fix it! And if you're in mid-round and fed up, you can ditch the driver and long irons, stick with the shorties, and play the longer Par 4's like par 5's (say 7i - 7i - PW); you may to your surprise end up scoring better.

Driver: Cleveland Classic 270, 10.5*
Fairway Woods: Adams Speedline LP (3 & 5)
Hybrids: Wilson Staff Fybrids 21*, 24*, UST V2 stiff
Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour, 5-PW, Rifle Project-X (flighted) 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland CG15 DSG 52* & 58* +/- 56* Niblick

Putter: Yes! Amy

Hang in there....your driver was about as accurate as Tiger's today...or maybe you need more time in that Mississippi clinic as well ;)

Exactly.

My swing changes all the time because I'm a baseball player. Some days I swing the club like I'm taking a pitch opposite field and slice it and some days I'm trying to pull the pitch and I hook it. I just don't know how to seperate my golf swing from my baseball swing, it drives me nuts. I think I've got my golf swing figured out on the range, go out and play a great 18 and think I'm set. Then the next day I have baseball practice, we do some hitting and I'm right back to square one.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Note: This thread is 5128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!