IGNORED

Solo Golf Trip suggestions

Note: This thread is 5271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, I've found myself with a free three-day weekend coming up in mid-May, and I'd like to do a golf trip. Unfortunately, the buddies I usually travel with are unavailable, so it looks like it's going to be a solo trip. That said, does anyone have any recommendations based on the following criteria:

1. I live in Philly, so I'm hoping to keep it within 4-5 hours of drive time.
2. Primary goal is to maximize golf (i.e. 5-6 rounds total for Fri-Sun).
3. Extracurriculars (i.e. lodging, entertainment, food) are secondary to golf.
4. Would love to play at least 3-4 different courses.

My original thought would be to head to Williamsburg for the weekend, though that's about as far as I'm willing to go driving-wise. Does anyone else know of good golf pockets in the Northeast that I might be missing? Ideally, I'd love to find some place off the beaten path where there are 3-4 really good courses that could entertain me for the weekend (without costing me $200/round). Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

In my Titleist stand bag:
Ping G5 10.5* Adila NV S
Titleist F2 15.5* VooDoo FW-S
TaylorMade Burner Rescue Hybrid '07 19* 65-S
Mizuno MP52 4-5 irons, Project X 5.5, 1* upright (4i bent to 23*)Mizuno MP57 6-PW, Project X 5.5, 1* uprightMaltby GW 53*; Titleist Vokey SW 58-12; Cougar LW 64*Zebra...

How about Ocean City, MD?
http://eagleslandinggolf.com/
http://www.glenriddlegolf.com/index.php
http://www.rumpointe.com/
http://www.thebayclub.com/Home.aspx

Golf.com Maryland rankings on "courses you can play"
1. Bulle Rock, Havre de Grace
2. Links at Lighthouse Sound, Bishopville
3. Beechtree, Aberdeen
4. River Marsh, Cambridge
5. Atlantic Golf at Queenstown Harbor (River), Queenstown
6. Maryland National, Middletown
7. Rum Pointe, Berlin
8. Whiskey Creek, Urbana
9. Rocky Gap, Flintstone
10. Musket Ridge, Myersville

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I'd suggest NJ or various towns in New York state for Golf magazine's courses ranked in the top 100. Or if you don't mind a longer drive, Hilton Head is wonderful for golf!

|Callaway X460 draw-biased Driver|Taylormade Burner 3W|Adams Golf Idea A7 19° Hybrid|Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold 23° hybrid|King Cobra Baffler 29° hybrid|Taylormade Burner 6i|Adams Idea Tech A4OS 7i|Mizuno MP32 8i|Pro Select Blaze II 9i|Callaway Golf Forged Chrome 48° PW|Oncourse Target Series...

How about Ocean City, MD?

Ocean City, MD is a great place. The boardwalk is awesome and I just really enjoy the area up there. I've seen a couple of those courses but never been able to play them.

In My Bag:
Cobra HS9 10.5
Titleist 980F 3 wood
Cobra FP 4-SW
Cleveland 57 SWRife Antigua Island Series putterMizuno Stand Bag

Note: This thread is 5271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!