IGNORED

My Swing (jhawker23)

jhawker23
Note: This thread is 5089 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm hopeful this works...

Please let me know your thoughts... If I need to make adjustments to the video, quality, size, angle, etc. please let me know. Ideas/Thoughts welcome. The two head on angles are an attempt at S & T. The down the line angles are a little more "traditional". I'm all over the place... I don't have a big problem with hooks or slices. I'm dying by fat and thin shots...

It looks like I should upload the videos in a higher resolution... was worried about size. I can replace the videos later in the day.

HOA Fat Shot

HOA Better S&T; Result

HOA Thin Shot

DOL Fat Shot

DOL Better Result

What's in the bag...

Driver --- G15 9* Aldila Serrano
3 Wood - Sumo2 15* Aldila NV
5 Wood - Versus 19* Mitsubishi Bassara 83Irons ---- X-Forged 4 - PWWedges - Vokey S.M. 52.08, 56.08 & 60.08Putter --- Futura PhantomBall ------ Tour i(s)

You need to stick your bum out more as you're a bit straight. Your wrists also look a bit loose at take away. You're a tall guy too, so widening your stance a bit may help. Other than that your swing is pretty nice buddy!

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

When I look down the line it appears I'm making a move outward on the downswing. That could explain my frustrating casting that I've struggled with for years. At the end of last years season I was able to groove a bit of an inside out downswing but its gone. Thoughts? Other things to look into?
What's in the bag...

5 Wood - Versus 19* Mitsubishi Bassara 83Irons ---- X-Forged 4 - PWWedges - Vokey S.M. 52.08, 56.08 & 60.08Putter --- Futura PhantomBall ------ Tour i(s)

I'm not familiar with or a fan of stack and tilt, so this may not apply to you - but some things I notice are:

1. You stand very close to the ball.
2. Your swing looks to be all arms (which would cause the over-the-top motion) - rotate your hips on the backswing more and use them to start the downswing. You should feel your hands dropping down from the top of the backswing onto plane, instead I think you pull them down and in front of your body. Try returning your right elbow to your torso as the first move of your downswing (at the same time as rotating your hips). The club face should line-up with your right forearm halfway down your downswing - yours is slightly above your right forearm (indicating that you come from outside in).
3. Your head is very still on the backswing - usually it should move slightly in the direction of behind the ball and stay there until impact.
4. A bit difficult to tell on your videos - but your follow through suggests the club face is not rotating correctly though impact - you may be holding it open instead of releasing. I have the same issue that creeps back into my swing - do you find your left elbow pulls back after impact instead of extending down the line?

Also, take these suggestions with a pinch of salt - I'm no pro ;)

-Ross

This is great, thank you. Yes, I don't think I am extending down the line. The proper shoulder turn has always been difficult due to a back injury.
What's in the bag...

Note: This thread is 5089 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!