IGNORED

Quail Hollow Championship

acj990
Note: This thread is 5108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The final three holes at Quail Hollow Club have become known as "The Green Mile" and annually rank among the toughest finishing stretches on the PGA TOUR in relation to par.

Could be an interesting stretch on Sunday.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's Sabbatini doing? Hitting the ball left handed with the back of his club, in some pine stuff, tight lie, with a huge bush or tree right in front of him.

Why did he get a free drop from the bushes? Completely unplayable lie!! And the tv-tower was NOT on his line of play. WTF???

I only caught about 20 min today, but is Phil SERIOUS with his iron distances?? The two holes I saw Phil had 156 uphill and hit pitching wedge 10 yards past the hole and spun it back, then he had 188 slightly downhill and he hit 8 iron to hole high, more or less the same carry as Furyk's 6 iron. Holy crap!
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

Asked if he was going to the range after his round to work out his problems, Woods said, "To hell with it."

The more frustrated he gets, the worse he plays. He seriously needs to kick Haney out of the door and find a new coach. It's ridiculous that the world's number one can't hit a drive where he wants to.

I'm always amazed at how Villegas plays so well, with such a mess of a swing. At the top of the leaderboard, Perry, Villegas and Ogilvy looks like the strongest contenders. The rest are less likely to pull off four good rounds.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Man, too bad Phil and Furyk group went out early today, those two are putting on quite a show early on.

Go Ogilvy!

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Go Perry!

Too much has been read into Tiger's play. Sure, he has to make an adjustment in his personal life, but he will be much happier as a single man and will soon take to it like a duck to water. He is having doubts about his game, which is probably more upsetting than his recent marital problems. He is having doubts about his swing guru, and all the recent changes to his swing, and is thinking about getting a different coach.

Tiger will come out best as a golfer and as a sportsman if he is displaced as #1. He needs to be challenged. He also needs to fire IMG and his manager, but that is another matter.

And as Pelz says, http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...125136,00.html , Phil is playing his best golf. Phil has a bag full of tricks now, and deserves the #1 spot. Which in the end can be good for Tiger.

Carry Bag, experimental mix-- 9* Integra 320, TT X100 Gold shaft
MacGregor Tourney 2-iron circa 1979

High grass club: #5 Ginty
Irons: 3,4,8,9 Cleveland 588P RTG Proforce 95 Gold shafts
Hogan fifty-three Hogan 5612

Ping Kushin

The more frustrated he gets, the worse he plays. He seriously needs to kick Haney out of the door and find a new coach. It's ridiculous that the world's number one can't hit a drive where he wants to.

It isn't Hanks fault Woods won't listen to him, you can clearly see Woods dip his head and you know for a fact Hank has told him that

anyways Phil is putting on a show today, great 2nd round so far

He is having doubts about his game, which is probably more upsetting than his recent marital problems.

dude, are you serious?

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Go Phil GO!! Looks like Phil is on form again. Tiger looking very rusty and outside the cut.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

"Dude, are you serious?"

Actually yes. Think of Tiger's perspective and life as a pie. Big chunk of the pie concerns him as top golfer. Big chunk is him as a wealthy guy. Big chunk as a playboy. Smaller slice is Tiger as husband and father.

As a divorced father, he will still see his kids, and unlike most divorced fathers he can afford the time and bucks to fly to Sweden to do it. He can live with that. Best of all worlds; have a family and as many lovers as he has the energy for.

Tiger was recently criticised for going out clubbing (no, not golf clubbing!) when the wife and kids returned to Sweden. That's not fair. That's just Tiger.

Many fans want Tiger to toe the same line that they are expected to toe. But that's not Tiger. Likely it won't be, until he is past middle age if then.

I think Tiger will play better when he realizes he can be himself even if that means being a "bad boy" to the general public. He needs to cast off this fakey good guy image that Steinberg is feeding him, and just relax and act naturally.

Hey, WWF wrestler-bad guys can have fun and profit even if the public boos them, and so can Tiger. @#$% image.

Ping Kushin

"Dude, are you serious?"

mate, he loses his golf game now for a few weeks he can always get it back, once his wife leaves him then he can never get his family back which if i was in his position id be more concerned with at the minute.

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

You're right. I have no pipeline into tiger's head. Maybe I am projecting my own feelings onto Tiger.

That marriage has had the life support removed.

Certainly, based on his behavior and the obvious consequences of it, Tiger did not put a high value on his relationship with his wife. His kids may be a different story. Put it this way. I think he will get along just fine divorced from Elin. And he will see the children 60% as often as he did before.

Ping Kushin

How about J.P. Hayes goin' low with a 64!? Dustin Johnson and Jim Furyk right behind him with low rounds of 65.

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

Note: This thread is 5108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!