IGNORED

Volunteering at PGA/LPGA Events is memorable

golfin' girl
Note: This thread is 5498 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was fortunate to be asked to work at the Sybase Big Apple Classic several years ago. I chose to become a standard bearer for that event so I could walk around all day with the LPGA players and observe up close ad personal. It was my first official year playing on a golf course (I only played about 9 or 11 holes, depending on the local course.

On Sunday, I was selected to carry the standard for Annika's group. My husband walked the 18 holes with me that day. I remember that Annika was having a so-so round and didn't win, but kept her composure throughout...the mark of a true champion.

I still have a few mementos from that round...A Sybase hat signed by her and Rosie Jones and an original "Annika Rules" golf ball which she pitched to me after one of her few birdies of the day.

Volunteering can be memorable. I suggest that anyone who really has interest in the game should sign up at least once to experience what it feels like to be on the course during a tour event.

Sincerely,
Stacy Solomon

I agree. As posted on the blog I just volunteered, for the second year, at the Nissan Open. Except for the insane amounts of rain knocking me from working Firday, it was a good time.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Wow.. nice job getting grouped with Annika!

I signed up several months ago to be a standard bearer at the Fedex Kinkos Classic at the end of April.
IN MY BAG

Irons Big Bertha Fusion Irons 3-PW, SW, LW (Nippon 990 UNFX)
Driver Big Bertha Fusion FT-3 (Aldila NVS 55-R 350)
3 Wood ERC Fusion 3w - RGS (RCH Sys 55R)4/5 Wood Big Bertha Fusion 15D Fairway Wood (Aldila NVS 55-R 350)Bag 10.5" orange fusion tour bagPutter Scotty Cameron Newport...

I agree. As posted on the blog I just volunteered, for the second year, at the Nissan Open. Except for the insane amounts of rain knocking me from working Firday, it was a good time.

It must have been great seeing the greatest PGA players right in front of you. I went to the Westchester CC to see the Buick Classic once. I got free passes from one of the caddies whose player did not make the cut. I was fortunate enough to stand right behind Vijay and watch him hit his driver at the range. That was T-rific!

Stacy

Sincerely,
Stacy Solomon

It must have been great seeing the greatest PGA players right in front of you. I went to the Westchester CC to see the Buick Classic once. I got free passes from one of the caddies whose player did not make the cut. I was fortunate enough to stand right behind Vijay and watch him hit his driver at the range. That was T-rific!

It was great. Saving most of the details here, you can read about my time on the blog on the first page. But yeah, up close and personal for sure.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator
It was great. Saving most of the details here, you can read about my time on the blog on the first page. But yeah, up close and personal for sure.

Yes, you can read about Ben's experience,

right here .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 years later...
I'll be volunteering at this year's Sybase Classic on Friday thru Sunday as a Marshal. Don't know any more than that. Anyone else gonna be there?

G10 Driver
G10 4-wd
G15 7-wd
X-18 Proseries 3i-PW
X-Tour 52d gap wedge X-Tour 58d lob/sand wedge Dual-force Rossie II (mallet head) putter Pro-V1x only (baby!)Play at a private NJ g.c.

Note: This thread is 5498 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!