IGNORED

Something went horribly wrong today - VENT.

Note: This thread is 5070 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It would be nice to hear from Rebelgolfer about how things are going. Maybe he could share how he got rid of the shanks! I know I'd be shankin the golf ball after 4 buckets!

In the Cleveland bag:
Cleveland Launcher Comp 460 9.5°, Aldila NV 65g S
Cleveland Launcher Steel Fairway 15°, Fujikura Gold 65g R
Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 20.5°, Fujikura Fit-On Gold 65g S
Mizuno MP-60 3-PW, Royal Precision Rifle 6.0 S ...

Maybe he is in a straight jacket somewhere. those "misses" make me crazy. When I get them on the course, I have to aim to completely miss the ball on inside.
Driver: Cobra ZL 3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher War Club: Burner Titanium Raylor 21degree Hybrid: Bobby Jones 24 4-PW: Ping i3's Wedges:Mizuno MP T-10 White Satin 52, 56, 60 Putter: 15 year old Odyssey Rossi Blade. Ball: Bridgestone e5 Swing Oil: Grey Goose, always in the bag.

Well, not quite in a straight jacket just yet... but if this game keeps after me like it is it won't be long LOL!

Things have gotten better in the "shanking" department. Not quite sure which of the 50,000 "cures" I read about worked but something did and the swing is pretty much back to normal. Maybe it is that I have moved on to a new problem: a wicked banana-slice with the driver. Out of nowhere. Probably did it 8 times yesterday. And we're talking HUGE slice, at least 80 to 100 yards of slice. Awesome.

--- Rebel Golfer ---

• 1 month later...
How about hitting a full bucket of balls perfectly, I mean straight down the middle (all clubs) with a dollar-sized "divot" mark on the mat. Then I head to hit balls off the grass and I proceed to hit all 30 golf balls 30 yards off to the right - I shanked all 30 using the same swing. I know this because the golf pro was giving me a lesson at the time. He watched me hit balls off the mat and stated there was nothing wrong with my swing. I went to the grass to attack a few holes, since I was feeling so confident, shanked the first PW. After shanking the next 10, I ran back to get the pro. He watched me hit off the grass and could not see what the problem was. He didn't charge me for the lesson as he was so amazed/confused.

I am absolutely afraid to go back and try it again. I have no idea where my ball is going and no idea why the grass made a difference.

I ad a range session about a month ago with a lot of shanks. Stepped 1-2 inches back, shanks never appeared again...has never happened on the course, but has happened on the mats at the range...dunno why.....and it was only with my PW

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I am absolutely afraid to go back and try it again. I have no idea where my ball is going and no idea why the grass made a difference.

Tell me about it man! Spent all winter getting lessons indoors and was well on my way to some good golf shots. Spring comes and my first time out on the grass, its like I never swung a club before. The grass plays mind tricks on me. Mats are the devil.

Note: This thread is 5070 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!