IGNORED

Need help With The driver..

Note: This thread is 6459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As ever, there are many possibilities. But I would check two things very carefully:
1) swing plane. Make sure, I mean really sure, that on the downswing you are truly on the right plane. Before you hit your actual drive, just swing back and forth maybe six or eight times, until you are confident you're on plane. Watch the blurry image of the clubhead as it flashes by where the ball should be: is it nice and square to the target line, or is it a bit out-to-in or in-to-out? I find watching shadows very helpful, if the sun is out and you're standing in the right relative direction. Then take your address, don't dally too much over the blasted ball (or you'll freeze and lose the feel) and go for it (relaxed forearms).
2) Balance throughout the swing. It's a big deal, but not enough people really work on it. I have a tendency to let my weight move forward (i.e. too much on my toes) on the downswing, which robs power and requires compensations which tend to make the ball go right.

These are the two Biggies for me right now. When i get them both right, and stay loose, I tend to hit it long and straight. Your experience may vary .

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Note: This thread is 6459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!