IGNORED

AK vs Rory in the Ryder Cup. Your pick and why?

groovezilla79
Note: This thread is 4987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Ryder Cup 2010: AK vs Rory

• Anthony Kim
    • Rory McIlroy
    • They won't play each other

Plain and simple... do you think they'll play against each other in singles? If so, who do you think will win and why?

I know we're still a good ways from the 2010 Ryder Cup, but it's my favorite event in golf outside of the US Open. And with the way these 2 are playing right now, I can't help but wonder.

I'm picking AK just because of his previous Ryder Cup experience. I was there when he absolutely drug Sergio around the Valhalla a year and a half ago and it was amazing to watch. Hell, he was so focused in that he didn't realize he had won the match on the 14th green. He's said the Cup is his main focus this year, so I would think he may become THE guy in the Ryder Cup for a long time to come.

Rory's game is awesome, and he does have "home field advantage", but I think his lack of experience in the event will be the deciding factor.

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

depends how AK's surgery affects him when he comes back, both healthy and fit id take AK every day of the week (even though i would lose on a fair few of them)

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Although I would root for AK to win simply because he's an American, I think Rory would win. AK is a very streaky player at times (can be absolutely brilliant at times and at other times can be downright horrible) whereas Rory seems more consistent.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Although I would root for AK to win simply because he's an American, I think Rory would win. AK is a very streaky player at times (can be absolutely brilliant at times and at other times can be downright horrible)

despite winning last week and missing the cut this week

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

despite winning last week and missing the cut this week

tiger came 6th in the masters and then missed a cut by a mile.

Tiger is still a pretty consistent player, rory is too.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

id have to disagree, at this moment in time id say Tiger is anything but consistant

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

id have to disagree, at this moment in time id say Tiger is anything but consistant

Dammit, just what I was trying to avoid.... another conversation about Tiger. :-/

• 2 months later...
I let the thread die a while.... bumping it back up to get more opinions. Ryder Cup is getting closer!!

Although I would root for AK to win simply because he's an American, I think Rory would win. AK is a very streaky player at times (can be absolutely brilliant at times and at other times can be downright horrible) whereas Rory seems more consistent.

Are we talkign about the same Rory Mcilroy here...? because his past record shows to be very inconsistent...

At this point, there is not a single player on the PGA tour I'd consider consistent. With that said, I'd take AK over Rory any day.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Rory McIlroy is a much more consistent player. Every week he plays he seems to be up there on the leaderboard while Kim is very streaky. McIlroy has greater potential and a better swing that can handle pressure situations. I'd take him over AK anyday.

AK beat sergio and allenby 2 times 1 time with hang over which tells me he's a gamer. I don't know about Rory so for now I will go with AK but I still think Rory has just as good of chance.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Boy, this is a tough one. Both AK and Rory are capable of not just good golf, but superb play at times. Both can be streaky. Both are fairly resistent to mental intimidation. I would have to give a slight edge to Rory. He seems a little more focused on his game than AK and his level of maturity on the course is well above his age.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

AK. We will see next week how that thumb is though.

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

I would have to pick AK, even though i really like Rory.

McIlroy has greater potential and a better swing.

I beg to differ, how can you tell who has greater potential? You have no idea what goes though these players minds, who ever is better mentalty would have more potential.... In thoery :P

As for the better swing comment, I think Ak's swing is much better as he seems to keep his swing together and he does not get as seperated as rory does. (but thats just what I think) Only reason I would vote rory is because he seems to be able to play more shots. Witch can be a big advantage under pressue! Who has a lower scoring avg? Everyone that is saying 1 player is more inconsistant then the other, I beleve the scoring avg would speak for itself

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

I picked Rory. AK can get hot and really play but I just like Rory more week in and week out. But I sure hope i'm wrong. I'd like to see us win this year. This is my favorite event and the Euros look really strong this year.

Brian

At this time I would go with Rory. It really depends on how AK is after his surgery, are there any post surgery issues?? We will have to wait and see.

I'm Irish but i went with AK,AK seems to thrive in events like this.Neither of them might not be in the Ryder cup though.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Note: This thread is 4987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!