IGNORED

what's your 21 - 24 degree club ?

Note: This thread is 5119 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I love my hybrids: 21 and 24 degree Nike SQs.

I'm perfectly fine with my MP-57 4-iron, but if I weren't, and didn't want to go the hybrid route, I'd use their MP FLI HI quasi-hybrids. It's half hybrid half iron, looks entirely like an iron. I had their 3-iron for that, and that was fantastic. If you don't want GI clubs, and also don't want irons, but can't do the long iron route, consider these alternatives.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Last year I replaced my 3i, 4i and 5i with hybrids. I did the 3i and 4i first then decided to do the 5i as it worked so well.

Best move I ever made. I don't have the clubhead speed anymore to really hit a penetrating 3i or 4i and I generally play off fairways with fairly tight lies and being in Kansas we have a lot of wind. All of a sudden I was hitting my 3H and 4H like I used to hit my long irons, high and penetrating with a nice soft landing. I love the 5H now too as I hit nice high shots that drop and stop, great for medium range par 3's.

I found a great deal last year on Nickent 3DX DC Ironwoods with Proforce V2 shafts (closeouts at Rockbottom Golf for ~$40 each!). I love the look of them at address and I hit them neutral like irons but a lot more solidly. One thing I did do though was shorten them all 1" as Nickent hybrids run 1/2" to 3/4" longer than most other manufacturers. I also wanted them to be a little closer to iron length to help match distance gaps with my irons, that worked out perfectly. I have a matched set now and the distance gaps through my whole bag are perfect from 4W down to PW.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

Note: This thread is 5119 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!